I Manage My Type 1 Diabetes By Eating LCHF by Troy Stapleton - Page 2

Go Back   The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online > Diabetes Forum Community > Diabetes Diet and Nutrition

Diabetes Diet and Nutrition A healthy, well balanced, nutritious diet which factors in Diabetes can be crucial for the long term management of Diabetes. Use this section to discuss your diet, what you would like to try, swap recipes and more.


Like Tree3Likes

I Manage My Type 1 Diabetes By Eating LCHF by Troy Stapleton - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
Shared Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2017, 22:52   #11
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Alberta
Posts: 10

Member Type
Type 1
Diagnosed in 1990

1 likes received
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hftmrock View Post
please provide PROVEN Studies and facts to back this statement up please.

we dont make statements like this without irrefutable facts
He provided a link to very good quality research. Not news to me that animal protein stresses your kidneys although that video in the article he posted explains it really well.

My point is with these diet things is that you shouldn't get pathological about them, veganism is a good example. Absolutely a plant-based diet is going to be better for you, but on the other hand if the only place open is McDonald's and you're starving, you shouldn't skip a meal because all you can get is a burger or chicken nuggets because the end result of that is worse.

I know quite a few vegans who imo are really just suffering from an eating disorder and justify it to themselves through being vegan. "Oh I can't eat that, it's not vegan." Yeah but you've got to eat SOMETHING.

This whole LCHF is another example, it's not doing you any good if you're eating a ton of salt, you should never eat more than the RDA of salt. I'm not say you shouldn't eat salt, but hypertension seems to be almost universal in diabetics aged 40+. The worst thing you can do is eat a load of salt. Unlike a lot of RDAs, the RDA for sodium really is the limit. And LCHF also doesn't make sense if you're eating a ton of meat either, it does bugger up your kidneys in the long run.

Like I said, don't be pathological about it because you'll just make yourself depressed.

Steve_ is offline  
Old 06-27-2017, 22:58   #12
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1,125

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2016

825 likes received
478 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
He provided a link to very good quality research. Not news to me that animal protein stresses your kidneys although that video in the article he posted explains it really well.

.
you will have excuse me because I was at the site and didnt see proven facts that LCHF causes cancer.

Since you have found it I would greatly appreciate a link to that double blind scientific study .

We can not go throwing around stuff like this without 100% proof so if you can point it out please I would like to make sure all the members see it,.

if you cant ... it HAS TO GO because its dangerous and wrong to post inaccurate information as fact and this site will not tolerate it.

opinions... fine. but if you make a statement that LCHF causes cancer then it has to be proven.

thanks

__________________
Here are some good starting points to read

Blood Sugar 101 - VERY informative and accurate
http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabete...ng-method.html a tried and true testing method
https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb lists foods for LCHF

""You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever the doctors want you to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." "
hftmrock is offline  
Old 06-27-2017, 23:08   #13
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santa Fe, NM USA
Posts: 18

Member Type
Type 1
Diagnosed in 1977

2 likes received
2 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hftmrock View Post

You put in your profile that you are type 2 and you are saying here you are type 1... Im a bit confused
As far as I can see, my profile says T1 Diagnosed in 1977 -- that is correct information.

bduboff is offline  
 
Old 06-27-2017, 23:14   #14
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1,125

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2016

825 likes received
478 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bduboff View Post
As far as I can see, my profile says T1 Diagnosed in 1977 -- that is correct information.
I could have sworn it said type 2. My apologies....

__________________
Here are some good starting points to read

Blood Sugar 101 - VERY informative and accurate
http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabete...ng-method.html a tried and true testing method
https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb lists foods for LCHF

""You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever the doctors want you to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." "
hftmrock is offline  
Old 06-27-2017, 23:19   #15
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Alberta
Posts: 10

Member Type
Type 1
Diagnosed in 1990

1 likes received
Default

And I'd love to repost it but the site won't let me, but it's h t t p s: // nutritionfacts.org/video/which-type-of-protein-is-better-for-our-kidneys/

I didn't say anything about cancer, but the stuff about causing kidney failure is explained in that video.

There's tons of research that eating large amounts of processed meats causes various types of cancer through the digestive tract, google it.

The only bit I disagree with in that video is about the scarcity of meat in the past. Humans were hunter/gatherers. They used to follow mammoths around. A lot of Indians used to live almost exclusively on buffalo, horses, deer, turkeys and elk (and salmon). Also before the industrial revolution people actually had tons to eat, common misconception, far less people around. There were books written on preparing ten-course meals and there are references in them to various exotic utensils used with eating various types of animal and it's not clear what those utensils were. Go around to the vicars for Sunday dinner and eat until you puked, there was nothing else to do.

On the other hand people tended to die much younger. Henry VIII apparently died from complications from diabetes.

Lewis & Clark's men were so determined to eat meat that they took to eating dogs when they were next to the Snake River, full of salmon.

Steve_ is offline  
Old 06-27-2017, 23:43   #16
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santa Fe, NM USA
Posts: 18

Member Type
Type 1
Diagnosed in 1977

2 likes received
2 likes given
Default

Every video from nutritionfacts.org plainly posts all sources cited right under the video player (you can also see the sources in the video in the upper left corner). The cancer meat connection is very well established science - this video has a ton of information - https://nutritionfacts.org/video/car...ao-connection/

If you don't like that source, how about the American Cancer Society - https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/w...es-cancer.html

Or the WHO - WHO | Q&A on the carcinogenicity of the consumption of red meat and processed meat

I think you should be careful about demanding 100% proof because then you must apply the same exact standard to the paleo diet that is so very popular here in the forum. I dare to share science backed information that goes against the popular diet here and threats are made about censoring that information. I don't think that's the intent of the forum. We should all be open to new information that is backed by science published and reviewed. The truth may be hard but it's still the truth.

For what's it's worth, I don't have any pathological or eating disorders. I'm healthy and thriving on a vegan diet. It's easy to do - good for you - good for the planet - good for the animals - and did I mention it's easy.

bduboff is offline  
Old 06-27-2017, 23:51   #17
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 1,125

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2016

825 likes received
478 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bduboff View Post
Every video from nutritionfacts.org plainly posts all sources cited right under the video player (you can also see the sources in the video in the upper left corner). The cancer meat connection is very well established science - this video has a ton of information - https://nutritionfacts.org/video/car...ao-connection/

If you don't like that source, how about the American Cancer Society - https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/w...es-cancer.html

Or the WHO - WHO | Q&A on the carcinogenicity of the consumption of red meat and processed meat

I think you should be careful about demanding 100% proof because then you must apply the same exact standard to the paleo diet that is so very popular here in the forum. I dare to share science backed information that goes against the popular diet here and threats are made about censoring that information. I don't think that's the intent of the forum. We should all be open to new information that is backed by science published and reviewed. The truth may be hard but it's still the truth.

For what's it's worth, I don't have any pathological or eating disorders. I'm healthy and thriving on a vegan diet. It's easy to do - good for you - good for the planet - good for the animals - and did I mention it's easy.
we state our opinions but do not mislead as facts. this thread will be closed to make sure no one is mislead that LCHF (HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT PROTEIN YOU EAT) is not healthy

__________________
Here are some good starting points to read

Blood Sugar 101 - VERY informative and accurate
http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabete...ng-method.html a tried and true testing method
https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb lists foods for LCHF

""You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever the doctors want you to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." "
hftmrock is offline  
Old 06-28-2017, 00:34   #18
Administrator
 
Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,973

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in July 2012

1889 likes received
1662 likes given
Default

Admin Note:

This thread will remain closed, not because people have different opinions, but rather because of the way some of those opinions have been expressed.

It is 100% okay to have different opinions, as long as it is done so in a respectful manner and doesn't attack other methods or individuals who choose to follow different methods. For every study out there, you can find 3 studies to refute it. In the end, you have to decide what is right for you by doing your own research and making your own decisions.

It comes down to doing what YOU feel is best for you.

If what you are doing is working for you, please do not consider changing a thing, but please remember that what is right for you, may not be right for others.

VeeJay likes this.
Cricket is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Former Steeler Kendall Simmonsí NFL career helped him manage life with diabetes gailbuf Diabetes News 5 01-12-2017 17:31
LCHF eating birgitvera Diabetes Diet and Nutrition 12 04-01-2016 00:03
When eating LCHF..... pigdog Diabetes 5 01-04-2014 16:45
Trying to manage Diabetes again Edith_Orquid New Member Introductions 60 10-20-2012 23:31

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:47.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.