Activity certainly will help burn calories and enough of it on a regular basis will bump up your metabolism. I am sure my weight loss has slowed because I was not doing things outside or bicycling or walking on the ice and snow. (I also know I could have done other things but that’s another story.)
A few things you can try:
1. Get a blood ketone meter. Precision Xtra is the most accurate. If you don't consistently maintain >0.5 in the morning and >1.0 in the afternoon/evening (measure at least 4 hours after any meal), then you are not in dietary ketosis and so your test has not even begun.
2. Watch your protein. Excess protein definitely causes weight gain (or stymies weight loss) on LC/HF or keto. Try not to exceed 12% of total calories and it should be less than 1g per kilo of body weight.
3. Eat sufficient "energy" for your needs. You can use the medieval measure "calories" to approximate this. Getting insufficient energy from food slows down metabolism. This is why calorie restriction diets nearly always fail or if they have some success are quickly reversed (plus some) in the medium term. A properly done ketogenic diet actually increases basal metabolism.
4. In addition to being sufficient, make sure that 75 - 80% of your daily energy comes from fat.
5. Avoid Omega-6 polyunsaturated fats (PUFA) as much as you can. This means no "vegetable" oils, eat grass-fed beef if possible. PUFA are obesogenic as they increase fat cells' sensitivity to insulin, causing them to snag glucose from circulation and convert it to fat for storage. Lean on foods highest in saturated fats (nearly all dietary sources contain all three classes of fats, just in different ratios).
6. If you can afford it, sign up for diabetes care with Virta. They supply all testing equipment and supplies and can help a lot with monitoring and making sure you stay on track.
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:38.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.