fasting blood sugar levels 18.3

Go Back   The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online > Diabetes Forum Start Here > Diabetes Forum Lounge

Diabetes Forum Lounge The Diabetes Forum lounge is the more social area of the community. Please feel free to drop in, and discuss anything thatís on your mind. Use this area for off topic discussions, making friends and being social.


fasting blood sugar levels 18.3


Closed Thread
 
Shared Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 20:36   #1
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: n,ireland
Posts: 26


Default fasting blood sugar levels 18.3

hello iam parky my spelling might not be to good as iam dyscelix i have ben diabetetic my fbs levels were 18.3 is this high and can it do damage

parky is offline  
Old 02-15-2010, 23:23   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24,394

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2009

23930 likes received
32255 likes given
Default

What can you tell us about your diagnosis, Parky? Did your doctor say if you are type 1 or type 2? Are you taking any medications for your diabetes? How old are you?




Shanny is offline  
Old 02-18-2010, 15:42   #3
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: n,ireland
Posts: 26


Default

dr did not say think type 2 have appoint in a week to see what treatment 1 am 47 male have now got thrush losing weight rapidly

parky is offline  
 
Old 02-18-2010, 22:46   #4
Active Member
 
breezeonby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 2,771

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2000

55 likes received
6 likes given
Default Rapid Weight Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky View Post
dr did not say think type 2 have appoint in a week to see what treatment 1 am 47 male have now got thrush losing weight rapidly
Type 2 diabetics can loose weight rapidly when blood sugars are very high. When I was not treating my diabetes, I lost 60 pounds over a 6-month period. You mentioned that you have thrush, that is usually a fungal infection of the mouth caused by bacteria. High blood sugars also cause many other types of bacterial infections. The thrush is usually treated with an oral suspension of Nystatin or an azole anti-fungal such as Diflucan (Fluconazole). Diflucan works very fast and you may only need one dose. These medications may be different depending where you live. Your A1C is very high. Are you taking any medications for your diabetes? Once you start some type of medication for your diabetes, your weight loss should stop and stabilize. If you are put on insulin, you may regain some weight that you lost. I put on 60 pounds in 8-months after restarting insulin. I regained the weight that I lost. I was very upset when I gained the weight back, but the weight loss due to high blood sugar and was not a healthy way to lose weight. I remember that I ate and drank many calories and still lost weight. Try and start some type of treatment as soon as possible.

breezeonby is offline  
Old 02-19-2010, 01:49   #5
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: n,ireland
Posts: 26


Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezeonby View Post
Type 2 diabetics can loose weight rapidly when blood sugars are very high. When I was not treating my diabetes, I lost 60 pounds over a 6-month period. You mentioned that you have thrush, that is usually a fungal infection of the mouth caused by bacteria. High blood sugars also cause many other types of bacterial infections. The thrush is usually treated with an oral suspension of Nystatin or an azole anti-fungal such as Diflucan (Fluconazole). Diflucan works very fast and you may only need one dose. These medications may be different depending where you live. Your A1C is very high. Are you taking any medications for your diabetes? Once you start some type of medication for your diabetes, your weight loss should stop and stabilize. If you are put on insulin, you may regain some weight that you lost. I put on 60 pounds in 8-months after restarting insulin. I regained the weight that I lost. I was very upset when I gained the weight back, but the weight loss due to high blood sugar and was not a healthy way to lose weight. I remember that I ate and drank many calories and still lost weight. Try and start some type of treatment as soon as possible.
no treatment yet see dr on monday trush in mouth and penis .hope to get sorted sone , i live in n.ireland. thxs for reply

parky is offline  
Old 02-19-2010, 02:10   #6
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: n,ireland
Posts: 26


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky View Post
no treatment yet see dr on monday trush in mouth and penis .hope to get sorted sone , i live in n.ireland. thxs for reply
18.3 was fasting blood sugar test

parky is offline  
Old 02-19-2010, 02:17   #7
Active Member
 
breezeonby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 2,771

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2000

55 likes received
6 likes given
Default

Parky: If you need a quick fix for the yeast infection on your penis, you can try Monistat 7, it can be found in the drugstore where the women's personal care items are kept. Apply it directly. You can also try organic coconut oil. Apply this directly as well. You can also take 1 tablespoon of the organic coconut oil by mouth every day too. This can be purchased in a health food store. These are just suggestions as I am not a doctor. I hope you get to feeling better. I wish I had better advice.

breezeonby is offline  
Old 03-02-2010, 18:41   #8
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: n,ireland
Posts: 26


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezeonby View Post
Parky: If you need a quick fix for the yeast infection on your penis, you can try Monistat 7, it can be found in the drugstore where the women's personal care items are kept. Apply it directly. You can also try organic coconut oil. Apply this directly as well. You can also take 1 tablespoon of the organic coconut oil by mouth every day too. This can be purchased in a health food store. These are just suggestions as I am not a doctor. I hope you get to feeling better. I wish I had better advice.
have just come out of hospitial after 5 days blood sugar level 29 with plus 4 sugar and plus 4 ketunes in urine on lantus 30 level and novorapid 18 level 3 times a day also 4 metforin a day now feeling a lot better

parky is offline  
Old 03-02-2010, 19:30   #9
Active Member
 
breezeonby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 2,771

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2000

55 likes received
6 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky View Post
have just come out of hospitial after 5 days blood sugar level 29 with plus 4 sugar and plus 4 ketunes in urine on lantus 30 level and novorapid 18 level 3 times a day also 4 metforin a day now feeling a lot better
I am sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. You say your blood sugar level 29, can you tell me what that is-I live in the United States. I am so glad to hear that you are on Lantus & Novorapid and Metformin. Glad that you are feeling better!

breezeonby is offline  
Old 03-02-2010, 19:55   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24,394

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2009

23930 likes received
32255 likes given
Default

Good to hear you're feeling better Parky. Five days in the hospital should have given them time to get you squared away a little better.

Now comes the getting-down-to-business part of managing this thing and maintaining control.

Thank you very much for the update, and I hope you'll be here often as you learn to control your diabetes and we can share with each other the things that have helped others control it.

take care,






Shanny is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
exercising during high blood sugar levels friendliness Diabetes Complications 10 03-20-2010 06:55
massive rise in sugar levels overnight lfcgdc Diabetes Symptoms 1 10-07-2009 00:32
waking/fasting levels georgemera Diabetes Symptoms 3 08-25-2008 19:45
Medications That Lower/Raise Blood Sugar Levels Richard157 Diabetes Treatment 0 12-19-2007 19:30
*Normal Blood Sugar Levels* Terrie Diabetes 0 09-27-2007 12:51

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:51.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.