The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online

The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online (https://www.diabetesforum.com/forum.php)
-   Diabetes Forum Lounge (https://www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes-forum-lounge/)
-   -   Favorite Music While Exercising? (https://www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes-forum-lounge/2364-favorite-music-while-exercising.html)

breezeonby 04-23-2010 02:53

Favorite Music While Exercising?
 
What is your favorite music to listen to while exercising? When I do go out to walk I like to listen to Donny Osmond...yea..I know...what can I say, the guy can sing!

onaughmae 04-23-2010 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by breezeonby (Post 10942)
What is your favorite music to listen to while exercising? When I do go out to walk I like to listen to Donny Osmond...yea..I know...what can I say, the guy can sing!

If I am home, I am usually listening to Coldplay, Smashing Pumpkins, or just a mix of MP3s. If I am at the gym I plug my ear buds into the TV channels and watch all those lame judge shows that come on during the day...gotta love them! PLus they make an hour on the treadmill go by pretty quickly!

Shanny 04-23-2010 03:09

lol, Breeze! You may be talking to the only creature on the planet who doesn't have an iPod . . . my better half even has an old mp3 player that he uses for listening to the radio! But my hearing has been so bad for so long that I keep background noise to a minimum if I can, and when I'm walking out on the (narrow just-barely-two-lane gravel) road, I need to be able to hear approaching vehicles.

OTOH, if anybody offers to put something on the stereo while I'm just sitting here playing on the computer, I'll take Ramsey Lewis . . . and if they have to have vocals, I'll take Dean Martin! http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...two/4_grin.gif




breezeonby 04-23-2010 03:24

Pam-Your selection of music is that of a youngster! My youngest nephew listens to those groups. I am a little to old for those groups. And Shanny, best to walk without music in case a truck comes barreling down the highway! :) :)

jsntay 04-23-2010 06:55

Anything thats upbeat that makes me want to just start dancing :D Motown, disco, 80's, some 90's. Anything but country unless its early Loretta Lynn (Love Coal Miner's Daughter :D) Once, I got into talk radio while I was using my total gym but had to stop and catch my breath when I got "fired up" about something and started to call in and give my opinion! :p

onaughmae 04-23-2010 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by breezeonby (Post 10946)
Pam-Your selection of music is that of a youngster! My youngest nephew listens to those groups. I am a little to old for those groups. And Shanny, best to walk without music in case a truck comes barreling down the highway! :) :)

Hehehe yeah...my hubby cant stand to listen to music I like. We are pretty much the same age...but where I will listen to Linkin Park or Disturbed...he is on the oldies channel *shrug* Go figure...I have odd taste in music for my age I suppose :)

onaughmae 04-23-2010 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsntay (Post 10953)
Anything thats upbeat that makes me want to just start dancing :D Motown, disco, 80's, some 90's. Anything but country unless its early Loretta Lynn (Love Coal Miner's Daughter :D) Once, I got into talk radio while I was using my total gym but had to stop and catch my breath when I got "fired up" about something and started to call in and give my opinion! :p

Motown rocks....classic...I love it too!

KarenBC 04-28-2010 16:34

Anything with a raunchy beat that gets me movin...Big&Rich, Kentucky Headhunters, Bob Seger, Tracy Chapman...my Ipod fits in the bedside alarm clock - and can be controlled with a remote from the treadmill.

Candlelight 04-28-2010 21:29

My favorite thing to listen to is actually Audiobooks. I listen to them on the treadmill especially and when it gets to a good part or I get excited, it makes me want to walk/jog/run faster. I just have to remember to stop myself from going "Noooo! You idiot!" and "Yay!" out loud as I have a tendency to talk to the characters when I read. Once at work I got a few funny looks because I started banging my head on the table when a favorite character did something stupid. :p

onaughmae 04-28-2010 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candlelight (Post 11253)
My favorite thing to listen to is actually Audiobooks. I listen to them on the treadmill especially and when it gets to a good part or I get excited, it makes me want to walk/jog/run faster. I just have to remember to stop myself from going "Noooo! You idiot!" and "Yay!" out loud as I have a tendency to talk to the characters when I read. Once at work I got a few funny looks because I started banging my head on the table when a favorite character did something stupid. :p

What type of books do you like?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:05.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.