7 Day Challenge

Go Back   The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online > Diabetes Forum Start Here > Diabetes Forum Lounge

Diabetes Forum Lounge The Diabetes Forum lounge is the more social area of the community. Please feel free to drop in, and discuss anything thatís on your mind. Use this area for off topic discussions, making friends and being social.


7 Day Challenge


Closed Thread
 
Shared Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2010, 04:08   #1
Active Member
 
breezeonby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 2,771

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2000

55 likes received
6 likes given
Default 7 Day Challenge

I would like to see if anyone would like to make a 7 day pledge to test your blood sugar for one week 2 hours after your lunch meal? I am trying to set some small goals and would like to have a buddy or 2 to go along with this 7 day pledge! If interested, look for my post after my 2 hour test after lunch on Tuesday 5/18/10. Hope to see you then!

__________________
Breezeonby {Female}
Medications: Metformin ER, Lantus, Novolog
Zofran for Gastroparesis
Gabapentin-Neuropathy
Zocor 40MG, Fish Oil 4000MG
A1C/5.2% April 14, 2010
A1C/5.5% June 1, 2010
A1C/5.2% October 6, 2010
A1C/5.0% February 7, 2011
breezeonby is offline  
Old 05-18-2010, 10:31   #2
Active Member
 
onaughmae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,590

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 1981

45 likes received
1 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezeonby View Post
I would like to see if anyone would like to make a 7 day pledge to test your blood sugar for one week 2 hours after your lunch meal? I am trying to set some small goals and would like to have a buddy or 2 to go along with this 7 day pledge! If interested, look for my post after my 2 hour test after lunch on Tuesday 5/18/10. Hope to see you then!
I'm up for it

__________________
Cheers,
Pam
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Type 2 since age 16
A1c in March 2010 12.6%
current A1c 6.3%

Currently taking:

Metformin 1000mg twice a day
Neurontin 300mg three times a day
Cymbalta 30mg a day
Symlin injections 60 mcg before meals
pumping with the minimed Revel and novalog
Milk Thistle twice a day
Fish oil twice a day
Nexium once a day
onaughmae is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 03:33   #3
Active Member
 
breezeonby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 2,771

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2000

55 likes received
6 likes given
Default

My 2 hour post meal lunch reading was 49. Had no low symptoms.

__________________
Breezeonby {Female}
Medications: Metformin ER, Lantus, Novolog
Zofran for Gastroparesis
Gabapentin-Neuropathy
Zocor 40MG, Fish Oil 4000MG
A1C/5.2% April 14, 2010
A1C/5.5% June 1, 2010
A1C/5.2% October 6, 2010
A1C/5.0% February 7, 2011
breezeonby is offline  
 
Old 05-19-2010, 03:38   #4
Active Member
 
jackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 18


Default

I just read your challenge today. I will take the challenge with you starting tomorrow.

__________________
Not sure of my Type. Doctor's say 80% chance of Type 2 and 20% chance of Type 1.
I am on:
Metformin: 2000mg/day (500mg at breakfast, 500mg at dinner, and 1000mg at bed)
Lantus: 21 units at bed and 12 units in the morning
jackie is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 03:44   #5
Active Member
 
breezeonby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 2,771

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2000

55 likes received
6 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie View Post
I just read your challenge today. I will take the challenge with you starting tomorrow.
Alright! Good to have another buddy!

__________________
Breezeonby {Female}
Medications: Metformin ER, Lantus, Novolog
Zofran for Gastroparesis
Gabapentin-Neuropathy
Zocor 40MG, Fish Oil 4000MG
A1C/5.2% April 14, 2010
A1C/5.5% June 1, 2010
A1C/5.2% October 6, 2010
A1C/5.0% February 7, 2011
breezeonby is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 04:32   #6
Senior Member
 
jsntay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alabama, USA
Posts: 148


1 likes received
Send a message via MSN to jsntay
Default

I will join you guys starting tomorrow

jsntay is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 21:25   #7
Active Member
 
jackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 18


Default

15.4 after lunch. This is normal for me. Looks like it will be another increase to the insulin.

__________________
Not sure of my Type. Doctor's say 80% chance of Type 2 and 20% chance of Type 1.
I am on:
Metformin: 2000mg/day (500mg at breakfast, 500mg at dinner, and 1000mg at bed)
Lantus: 21 units at bed and 12 units in the morning
jackie is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 21:28   #8
Active Member
 
onaughmae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,590

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 1981

45 likes received
1 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie View Post
15.4 after lunch. This is normal for me. Looks like it will be another increase to the insulin.
I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt add fast acting insulin for your meals. Sounds like that could help you out a lot.

__________________
Cheers,
Pam
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Type 2 since age 16
A1c in March 2010 12.6%
current A1c 6.3%

Currently taking:

Metformin 1000mg twice a day
Neurontin 300mg three times a day
Cymbalta 30mg a day
Symlin injections 60 mcg before meals
pumping with the minimed Revel and novalog
Milk Thistle twice a day
Fish oil twice a day
Nexium once a day
onaughmae is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 23:10   #9
Active Member
 
onaughmae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,590

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 1981

45 likes received
1 likes given
Default

115 after lunch today

__________________
Cheers,
Pam
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Type 2 since age 16
A1c in March 2010 12.6%
current A1c 6.3%

Currently taking:

Metformin 1000mg twice a day
Neurontin 300mg three times a day
Cymbalta 30mg a day
Symlin injections 60 mcg before meals
pumping with the minimed Revel and novalog
Milk Thistle twice a day
Fish oil twice a day
Nexium once a day
onaughmae is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 23:52   #10
Senior Member
 
Richard157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kingston, NY
Posts: 3,024

Member Type
Type 1
Diagnosed in 1945

931 likes received
936 likes given
Default

Jackie, your 15.4 is 277 on the US scale. That is high enough to cause DKA. I hope you test for DKA with high BGs. It is very serious if you keep running high like that. DKA can result in your going to the emergency room.

Breezy, I was 91 two hours after lunch today. My target is 90, but I still had half of my bolus on board. I ate 15 carbs, did my afternoon exercise and was 103 when I finished. I am having the same lunch tomorrow and using a smaller bolus.

__________________
I have been Type 1 for 73 years. My A1c is 6.2. I pump with the MM 630, and I am using the Dexcom G5.
Richard157 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DiabetesMine medical device Design Challenge AMBlass Diabetes News 1 03-24-2009 14:44

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:53.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.