The "Just Say What's on My Goofy Mind" Thread. Feel free to participate. - Page 5

Go Back   The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online > Diabetes Forum Start Here > Diabetes Forum Lounge

Diabetes Forum Lounge The Diabetes Forum lounge is the more social area of the community. Please feel free to drop in, and discuss anything thatís on your mind. Use this area for off topic discussions, making friends and being social.


Like Tree94Likes

The "Just Say What's on My Goofy Mind" Thread. Feel free to participate. - Page 5


Reply
 
Shared Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2019, 00:11   #41
Senior Member
 
PhoenixFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 160

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2018

84 likes received
75 likes given
Default

I ate okay today. Highest number was 11.1, probably because I had strawberries and cottage cheese for lunch. Still, I'm so hungry I could gnaw my own arm off.

I thought they were low in sugar (strawberries aren't pure sugar like grapes are) and bought a bag of strawberries and containers of cottage cheese before I knew more about the keto stuff. I don't want to throw it in the garbage so when I've finished them, I won't buy anymore. I could have ate a bit better but it was nothing disasterous.

But god, I'm bored and hungry and I just want to eat and never stop.

__________________
Being reborn with each lost pound.

Last edited by PhoenixFire; 01-03-2019 at 00:13.
PhoenixFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 00:31   #42
Moderator
 
itissteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,477

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2011

1106 likes received
458 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
I ate okay today. Highest number was 11.1, probably because I had strawberries and cottage cheese for lunch. Still, I'm so hungry I could gnaw my own arm off.
As fruit goes, strawberries aren't too bad. Many of us can eat a few berries without slamming our blood glucose level. Cottage cheese can be okay, too, if it's the right (full-fat) kind.

PhoenixFire, are you keeping track of what you are eating each day? With low-carb/high-fat or keto, fat should be about 70% of your calories each day. For a 1900-calorie-a-day diet, that's 158 grams of fat. I'm going to guess you're not taking in that much fat, which, without all those carbs in your day, is going to leave you feeling hungry (I can't help the bored part ).

You might want to find a book/smartphone app/Web site that helps you calculate what you should be eating for your weight/activity levels/etc. Eating more fat (and maybe more protein, too, if you're not eating enough now) will help you feel full longer. It would not hurt to increase the amount of water you drink, too, as your body gets used to eating LCHF/keto. Water will fill you up, too.

__________________
Now with less sugar!

A1c 10-30-2018 still 5.6 with no meds. Thank you LCHF!
itissteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:09   #43
Senior Member
 
PhoenixFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 160

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2018

84 likes received
75 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itissteve View Post
As fruit goes, strawberries aren't too bad. Many of us can eat a few berries without slamming our blood glucose level. Cottage cheese can be okay, too, if it's the right (full-fat) kind.

PhoenixFire, are you keeping track of what you are eating each day? With low-carb/high-fat or keto, fat should be about 70% of your calories each day. For a 1900-calorie-a-day diet, that's 158 grams of fat. I'm going to guess you're not taking in that much fat, which, without all those carbs in your day, is going to leave you feeling hungry (I can't help the bored part ).

You might want to find a book/smartphone app/Web site that helps you calculate what you should be eating for your weight/activity levels/etc. Eating more fat (and maybe more protein, too, if you're not eating enough now) will help you feel full longer. It would not hurt to increase the amount of water you drink, too, as your body gets used to eating LCHF/keto. Water will fill you up, too.
I don't have a smartphone. Even if I did, I can barely cook the things I did (with the audio hallucinations distracting me all the time) so it all sounds too hard and I'm already losing interest in this whole thing despite the good progress I've made. I think it's boredom hunger (I get bored with everything fast). I'm pretty sure I'm getting enough fat in the form of nuts, eggs, cheese, 2% cottage cheese and bacon. The 2 week thing at the diet doctor website is closed right now but I'll check again soon.

__________________
Being reborn with each lost pound.
PhoenixFire is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-03-2019, 16:45   #44
Senior Member
 
Squawkx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida, USA
Posts: 229

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2000

210 likes received
252 likes given
Default

I am waiting on an audio book to make its way to me, by way of the library. It is A Tale Of Two Cities, by Dickens.

I recently finished listening to Jane Eyre on CD; after that I watched a DVD of Bleak House by Dickens.

I really like those kinds of books.

etherea likes this.

Last edited by Squawkx; 01-03-2019 at 16:47.
Squawkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 17:09   #45
Senior Member
 
xring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 227

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2008

195 likes received
19 likes given
Default

Anyone can be too thin, but when you can hula hoop with a Cheerio...

Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we are already there?

Why are they called "stands" when they are made for sitting?

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

xring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 19:22   #46
Senior Member
 
PhoenixFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 160

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2018

84 likes received
75 likes given
Default

I bought a box of 100 lancets and my fingers are trembling with the fear of being nicked.

__________________
Being reborn with each lost pound.
PhoenixFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 22:26   #47
Senior Member
 
Squawkx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida, USA
Posts: 229

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2000

210 likes received
252 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawkx View Post
I am waiting on an audio book to make its way to me, by way of the library. It is A Tale Of Two Cities, by Dickens.

I recently finished listening to Jane Eyre on CD; after that I watched a DVD of Bleak House by Dickens.

I really like those kinds of books.
I am half way through A Tale, and I have Sun Tzu ready to go. They are both audio books; I get so tired now-a-day that I can't read for long.

Squawkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 21:11   #48
Senior Member
 
xring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 227

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2008

195 likes received
19 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
I don't have a smartphone. Even if I did, I can barely cook the things I did (with the audio hallucinations distracting me all the time) so it all sounds too hard and I'm already losing interest in this whole thing despite the good progress I've made. I think it's boredom hunger (I get bored with everything fast). I'm pretty sure I'm getting enough fat in the form of nuts, eggs, cheese, 2% cottage cheese and bacon. The 2 week thing at the diet doctor website is closed right now but I'll check again soon.
OMG, you don't have a smart phone??

HAHA. I don't have a cell phone. I've never had a cell phone. I'll bet you don't know anyone else who doesn't have one. I knew only one other person who didn't have one & she got one last year.

xring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 21:44   #49
Moderator
 
itissteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,477

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2011

1106 likes received
458 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring View Post
HAHA. I don't have a cell phone. I've never had a cell phone. I'll bet you don't know anyone else who doesn't have one. I knew only one other person who didn't have one & she got one last year.
I know people who have cell phones and hardly ever use them. Some of those "drawer fillers" are even smartphones. It's odd to think that, 10 years ago, hardly anyone had a smartphone and now there are folks who've owned several.

__________________
Now with less sugar!

A1c 10-30-2018 still 5.6 with no meds. Thank you LCHF!
itissteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 22:00   #50
Moderator
 
VeeJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 9,366

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2010

11940 likes received
4403 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itissteve View Post
I know people who have cell phones and hardly ever use them.
That would be me
Only use the cell phone for emergencies. No social media. Don't text (only email).

I'm waayyy behind the times, and like it that way.

rsfletcher likes this.
__________________
My low-carb recipe collection on Pinterest
https://www.pinterest.com/VRStudio1/...light-recipes/
70 yrs. Dx May 2010
Diet controlled: VLC/HF
BG steady with no highs or lows.
A1C in the 5% range.
____________________________________
Gluten intolerant, sensitive to dairy & eggs.
Eat no grains
VeeJay is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Goal Setting | - »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Book "Yummy coconut Flour Recipes" for Kindle or any kindle free app grammaB Diabetes Diet and Nutrition 3 05-18-2013 04:52
Goofy sugar phobia ... foxl Diabetes 1 02-24-2011 02:19
Goofy little quirks thcri Diabetes 4 12-24-2010 22:05

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:15.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.