One step closer to a cure for T1!

Go Back   The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online > Diabetes Forum Start Here > Diabetes News

Diabetes News The Diabetes News section is a place to share any new stories or information you have come across related to Diabetes for the rest of the forum to share and discuss. If you have seen or read about new medication, diabetes treatments, medical breakthroughs or any interesting stories of personal interest then please post and discuss them here. From time to time we will take some of the Diabetes News stories from this section and write them up in our Diabetes Blog.

One step closer to a cure for T1!

Closed Thread

Shared Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 01:24   #1

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2001

86 likes received
43 likes given
Send a message via Yahoo to cathyy Send a message via Skype™ to cathyy
Default One step closer to a cure for T1!

Read the article: Sperm stem cells can be turned into insulin-making cells to treat diabetes | Science | The Guardian

Metformin 1000mg bid
Ranitidine 150 mg qd
Losartan 50 mg qd
Loratadine 10 mg qd
Pulmicort 180 mcg bid
Fluticasone 50 mcg qd
Ventolin 2 puffs prn
Tramodol 50 mg prn

A1C 6.6

Cinnamon, 1000 mg bid
Turmeric, 2000 mg qd
Vitamin D3 5000 mg qd
Fish oil 3000mg qd
Old 12-13-2010, 01:39   #2

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2009

23930 likes received
32255 likes given

well whadya know . . . good read. Thanks Cathy.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:01   #3

2 likes received

A question of thought, does "cure" mean a person can return to a "I can do as I want" way of life? We can all wish for a cure but a cure will be meaningless unless people change from the habits that allowed diabetes the open door to start with.

Old 12-13-2010, 15:26   #4

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2001

86 likes received
43 likes given
Send a message via Yahoo to cathyy Send a message via Skype™ to cathyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1966 View Post
A question of thought, does "cure" mean a person can return to a "I can do as I want" way of life? We can all wish for a cure but a cure will be meaningless unless people change from the habits that allowed diabetes the open door to start with.
We are talking type 1 here, not type 2. The kind young people like kids get, where their beta islet cells are somehow destroyed, and they are totally dependent on insulin to stay alive. Not us older fat farts with type 2. We already have a "cure" or we do if we go at it soon enough. (Exercise, lose weight, eat right)

Metformin 1000mg bid
Ranitidine 150 mg qd
Losartan 50 mg qd
Loratadine 10 mg qd
Pulmicort 180 mcg bid
Fluticasone 50 mcg qd
Ventolin 2 puffs prn
Tramodol 50 mg prn

A1C 6.6

Cinnamon, 1000 mg bid
Turmeric, 2000 mg qd
Vitamin D3 5000 mg qd
Fish oil 3000mg qd
Old 01-23-2011, 10:06   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Prayance
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyy View Post
We are talking type 1 here, not type 2. The kind young people like kids get, where their beta islet cells are somehow destroyed, and they are totally dependent on insulin to stay alive. Not us older fat farts with type 2. We already have a "cure" or we do if we go at it soon enough. (Exercise, lose weight, eat right)

Hi, well I am hearing about cures of T1 20 years now, I had read the article as well but I can't believe that even if scientists find a real "cure", they will be able to sell it to all people. The high economical interests sayed otherwise... At least all the T1 fellows we can dream

I got T1 25 years now since i was 1,5 years old

Old 01-23-2011, 17:01   #6
Jen

Member Type
Type 1
Diagnosed in 2007

506 likes received
229 likes given

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyy View Post
Ummm - kids aren't the only ones who develop T1 - I was diagnosed 2 months before my 53rd birthday. Sorry - no "cure" for me, no matter how many dietary changes I make or how much exercise I get.

Jen

Closed Thread