*Potato Salad*

Go Back   The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online > Diabetes Forum Community > Diabetes Recipes

Diabetes Recipes Do you have tasty recipes you'd like to share or are you looking for a recipe which is used by other diabetics? This is the place to be.


*Potato Salad*


Reply
 
Shared Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2007, 05:37   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,077

Diagnosed in 1961-now 50+ years with Diabetes

23 likes received
Default *Potato Salad*

Potato Salad

-12 ounces peeled potatoes, diced(about 3 cups)
-1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
-3 tablespoons real bacon bits
-3 tablespoons low-fat Ranch salad dressing
-1/8 teaspoon salt

-Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
Add potatoes and return to boil. Reduce heat,
cover and cook for 4 minutes or until tender.

-Drain potatoes and run under cold water until
potatoes are cool and drain again. Put potatoes
in medium bowl and add remaining ingredients.
Toss to blend well. Chill 30 minutes.

Serves 4--Serving size-1/2 cup

Calories: 123
Total Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 7 mg
Sodium: 400 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 19 g
Dietary Fibre: 2 g
Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 4 g

Exchanges: 1/2 Starch---1/2 Fat

Terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:28   #2
Senior Member
 
meurtelken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East-Flanders, Belgium, EUROPE
Posts: 211


1 likes received
1 likes given
Send a message via MSN to meurtelken
Default

yummi! I don't eat potatoes that often any more, because of the carb content. But this sounds like a plan to me!!!

In Belgium, people are used to having potatoes every day. They have potatoes, cooked veggies and a piece of meat.

__________________
I love to live, but sometimes life makes it pretty hard
Type 1 since 2002 - Apidra in Accu-Chek Combo pump

A1c 6.6
My blog
meurtelken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:19   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,077

Diagnosed in 1961-now 50+ years with Diabetes

23 likes received
Default

I don't eat much either. The portion size is important. 1/2 cup isn't bad.

Yes, we eat the same here with the meat, potatoes and veggies. Of
course, there are many Nationalities here so it depends. Like the Chinese Neighbours we had before would eat their custom foods.

I remember one day they knocked at the door and handed a bag to my Son and said it was for us. We weren't home so he put it on the coffee table. Hours later, we got home and he gave my Hubby the bag. My Hubby looked inside, yelped and dropped the bag. I screamed when I saw 2 lobsters crawl out of the bag. I don't like seafood so I had to call my Friend from Newfoundland(who lives here) and ask her what to do with them.
I refused. My Hubby and Son did it.

__________________
***Life Is A Highway.......T.C.
Terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-03-2009, 12:54   #4
Senior Member
 
meurtelken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East-Flanders, Belgium, EUROPE
Posts: 211


1 likes received
1 likes given
Send a message via MSN to meurtelken
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrie View Post
I don't eat much either. The portion size is important. 1/2 cup isn't bad.

Yes, we eat the same here with the meat, potatoes and veggies. Of
course, there are many Nationalities here so it depends. Like the Chinese Neighbours we had before would eat their custom foods.

I remember one day they knocked at the door and handed a bag to my Son and said it was for us. We weren't home so he put it on the coffee table. Hours later, we got home and he gave my Hubby the bag. My Hubby looked inside, yelped and dropped the bag. I screamed when I saw 2 lobsters crawl out of the bag. I don't like seafood so I had to call my Friend from Newfoundland(who lives here) and ask her what to do with them.
I refused. My Hubby and Son did it.
1/2 cup sounds fair enough to me

And next time your Chinese neighbours want to get rid of some crabs: I'm a huge crab fan

__________________
I love to live, but sometimes life makes it pretty hard
Type 1 since 2002 - Apidra in Accu-Chek Combo pump

A1c 6.6
My blog
meurtelken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 13:04   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,077

Diagnosed in 1961-now 50+ years with Diabetes

23 likes received
Default

LOL! What about lobster though??

Yuk! I don't do crabs either. Well, hopefully I don't have to worry about it. The Chinese People bought a bigger house(3 Kids+the Grandfather) about 10 months ago. I miss talking to them.

__________________
***Life Is A Highway.......T.C.
Terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 13:56   #6
Senior Member
 
meurtelken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East-Flanders, Belgium, EUROPE
Posts: 211


1 likes received
1 likes given
Send a message via MSN to meurtelken
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrie View Post
LOL! What about lobster though??

Yuk! I don't do crabs either. Well, hopefully I don't have to worry about it. The Chinese People bought a bigger house(3 Kids+the Grandfather) about 10 months ago. I miss talking to them.

I love lobster!!! In the States, lobster is affordable. Over here, it's quite expensive so we only eat it once a year or so.

__________________
I love to live, but sometimes life makes it pretty hard
Type 1 since 2002 - Apidra in Accu-Chek Combo pump

A1c 6.6
My blog
meurtelken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 13:58   #7
Senior Member
 
Richard157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kingston, NY
Posts: 3,024

Member Type
Type 1
Diagnosed in 1945

931 likes received
936 likes given
Default

My oldest son in Atlanta married a sweet, pretty Chinese girl. They have two precious children (my only grandkids). Her parents fly to Atlanta from China and stay for long periods of time. They are wonderful people. They do not speak English and we do not speak Chinese but we get along very well.

Richard157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:06   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,077

Diagnosed in 1961-now 50+ years with Diabetes

23 likes received
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meurtelken View Post
I love lobster!!! In the States, lobster is affordable. Over here, it's quite expensive so we only eat it once a year or so.
Hi Cathy:

The North Sea is right by you. And the Atlantic just around the corner. Why are lobsters expensive there? What is the population of Belgium? I've never tasted lobster but by the looks of them, I feel Very Happy not trying it. My Son and Hubby like it though. We're in Canada.

__________________
***Life Is A Highway.......T.C.
Terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:09   #9
Senior Member
 
meurtelken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East-Flanders, Belgium, EUROPE
Posts: 211


1 likes received
1 likes given
Send a message via MSN to meurtelken
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrie View Post
Hi Cathy:

The North Sea is right by you. And the Atlantic just around the corner. Why are lobsters expensive there? What is the population of Belgium? I've never tasted lobster but by the looks of them, I feel Very Happy not trying it. My Son and Hubby like it though. We're in Canada.

To be honest Terrie? I have no idea why lobster is that expensive over here.. In the Middle Ages, the poor people had lobster, because there were too many... Has that changed over the years? I don't know. Good question...

BTW, did someone ever tell you that you look like Madonna?

__________________
I love to live, but sometimes life makes it pretty hard
Type 1 since 2002 - Apidra in Accu-Chek Combo pump

A1c 6.6
My blog
meurtelken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Tuna Salad-Stuffed Eggs* Terrie Diabetes Recipes 1 01-08-2010 23:02
*Pasta Side Salad* Terrie Diabetes Recipes 0 08-10-2008 12:49
*Salad--Raisin and Carrot* Terrie Diabetes Recipes 0 11-18-2007 19:28
*Fettuccine And Salad* Terrie Diabetes Recipes 0 10-28-2007 10:30

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:28.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.