Yet Another BG Curve
I am up with yet another BG curve.:)
I am sick today with throat pain, stomach upset and a general unease. Wanted to check how my BG behaves when I feel sick. Here is a record from waking up to 3 hours after breakfast.
1) After wake up, visit to toilet and brushing teeth etc., BG is 5.7 (103). This is dawn phenomenon and is always there whether I am sick or not.
2) After 45 minutes on the elliptical and burning 200 Cal, BG rose up to 6.3 (113). Sometimes BG goes up after exercise, and some days it goes down. Immediately after taking this BG, I had my usual vegan protein drink (1 scoop of powder dissolved in half cup of warm water), one and a half normal sized kiwi and tea (with milk) sweetened with splenda.
3) BG just before breakfast, and it came down to 5.4 (97). Though just before breakfast, this reading was 40 minutes after taking the food mentioned above. Breakfast was 2 dosas with a liberal helping of mango curry
4) 15 minutes after breakfast. BG rose to 6.7 (121)
5) 30 minutes after breakfast. BG rose to 6.9 (124)
6) 45 minutes after breakfast. BG rose to 8.1 (146)
7) 1 hour after breakfast. BG came slightly down to 7.7 (139)
8) 1½ hours after breakfast. BG again goes up slightly to 7.9 (142)
9) 2 hours after breakfast. BG goes down to 6.6 (119)
10) 3 hours after breakfast. BG goes down to 4.9 (88)
Because I was sick, my BG shot up to 8.1 (146) at 45 minutes. Normally it would be between 7 and 7.4 (126 and 133). Also, the BG tends to have a slight "double bump." When I am not sick, my BG after breakfast does not have a double bump, only the BG after lunch shows the typical double bump. Also, when not sick, BG returns to around 5.5 (99) at the 2 hour mark.
Hope my BG record will be of interest to at least some of the forum members here.
Rad, your information has been very useful. I value the feedback we get from members. I am 10months into this and still find it very confusing. I admire the members who have strict discipline with their diets especially and are off meds.
I slip up and take the consequences. Im inclined to feel sleepy when I spike, but never sleep during the day.
The protein shake, do you think the same would apply to the 'booster' shake ie Ensure? I have two cans here and not sure if I can take it.
Thank you for sharing.
Rad I hope you feel better soon.
It seems to me like all of those "changes" could be within the margin of error of the meter and just normal variation in our responses to food. Random noise. We would probably need a much more accurate method of measurement to analyze to this level of detail.
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:52.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.