The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online

The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online (https://www.diabetesforum.com/forum.php)
-   Diabetes (https://www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes/)
-   -   Average blood sugar reading (https://www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes/44322-average-blood-sugar-reading.html)

volfan 06-06-2014 21:46

Average blood sugar reading
 
My average of blood sugar readings taking at least five times a day is 102.2 for the past month. Woo Hoo!!

skb 06-06-2014 22:31

Great number. Congrats. But don't be too surprised if the A1c score differs a bit from the calculated average. It's just one of those things that beats predictability much too often.

volfan 06-07-2014 03:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by skb (Post 606418)
Great number. Congrats. But don't be too surprised if the A1c score differs a bit from the calculated average. It's just one of those things that beats predictability much too often.

Yes I'm hoping my next blood work is even lower. My a1c is fine. Working on getting the bad cholesterol down. It was the same as at my last blood work as the previous but I've lost a bunch of weight so the dr. Said it should be fine the next blood test. She said it usually takes six months for the body to adjust to the weight loss in regards cholesterol.

volfan 06-08-2014 04:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by skb (Post 606418)
Great number. Congrats. But don't be too surprised if the A1c score differs a bit from the calculated average. It's just one of those things that beats predictability much too often.

Thanks yes I know a1c may be somewhat different. My last one was 5.6.

skb 06-08-2014 05:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by volfan (Post 606562)
She said it usually takes six months for the body to adjust to the weight loss in regards cholesterol.

Could be as long as one year, sometimes more. Besides, the concepts of good & bad cholesterol are over simplifications. There certainly is good LDL & bad HDL. Cholesterol is a very complicated subject and is not very well understood as of now by the medical community. On your next visit to the Dr keep that in mind.

gotsomeold 06-08-2014 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by skb (Post 607754)
Could be as long as one year, sometimes more. Besides, the concepts of good & bad cholesterol are over simplifications. There certainly is good LDL & bad HDL. Cholesterol is a very complicated subject and is not very well understood as of now by the medical community. On your next visit to the Dr keep that in mind.

But Happy Dance that your doctor even recognizes that a body is transition is going to have changing cholesterol! So many doctors treat it as if it is a fixed, permanent, can-only-get-worse-without-drugs thing.

And, Happy Dance for 102.2!

volfan 06-09-2014 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 607890)
But Happy Dance that your doctor even recognizes that a body is transition is going to have changing cholesterol! So many doctors treat it as if it is a fixed, permanent, can-only-get-worse-without-drugs thing. And, Happy Dance for 102.2!

Thanks she hasn't even mentioned medicine yet I'm sure she wants to see the next blood work. Hopefully I'll have lost even more weight. Her only issue was my vitamin D was low so I'm taking a supplement for that but she wasn't concerned.

The place I go is really big on trying to fix the chronic conditions if possible in their patients before just handing out pills. It's a great place for diabetics as they really embrace eating healthy and low carb as a way to control BS if possible. As she told me when I first met her she wants to fix or reverse the conditions if possible then if not we will look at medicine to prevent any complications.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:30.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.