no meds - Page 4

Go Back   The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online > Diabetes Forum Community > Diabetes

Diabetes This section of the forum can be used to discuss anything and everything to do with Diabetes. Please use this general Diabetes section for any comments or discussions that don't fit into the more specific forum categories below. Please also ensure that all posts and threads are on topic, about Diabetes.


Like Tree22Likes

no meds - Page 4


Closed Thread
 
Shared Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2012, 15:34   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cleveland, Ohio - USA
Posts: 2,055

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2000

1638 likes received
130 likes given
Default

I don't really care for Dr. Oz. I think he is a bit of a quack. He jumps on the "flavor of the day" all the time. My meter is my Dr. Oz. It tells me the truth always (well as long as its working properly that is!).

__________________
**Renee***

Metformin - 2000 mg daily
Humulog - on a PING Pump now...
Zoloft - 100 mg
Milk Thistle
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Biotin
GTF Chromium
Fish Oil - 4 grams a day
Vitamin D3 - 5000 iu daily
81 mg aspirin daily
Probiotic
naynay is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 16:30   #32
Senior Member
 
ColaJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Midland Michigan USA
Posts: 930

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 1998

494 likes received
965 likes given
Default naynay only

Please don't be offended!
Bearing in mind that this is from a sarcastic and overly analytical senile old man , but if you ever worked in quality control you would know that your statement is illogical.

You have grossly manipulated your meter reading with:
Metformin - 2000 mg daily
Levemir - 60 units at bedtime currently
Humulog - 15-20 units at mealtime
so you can see what you want to see. Therefor that meter reading is more of a reflection of your own desires than a reflection of reality.

Check something that you did not deliberately manipulate, like your mouth temperature. I would bet that it is less than 98.0 degrees F due to asphyxiation (your cells can't breathe well so they can't burn fuel well due to lack of Omega-3 FA in the cell walls). The inflammation caused by 100 units of insulin a day should cause enough free radicals to destroy any delicate parts of your cellular walls like any Omega -3 FA. I would bet that your carbohydrate to insulin ratio is much less than 10g carbohydrate to 1 unit insulin and you need about an C:I of 20 to be healthy. Another test is, can you walk fast for a mile? If not, then, as far as health goes, your meter readings are baloney.

So yes, your meter is your Dr. Oz, it shows you what you want to see so you watch it, just like Dr. Oz on TV.

Just saying ...

ColaJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by naynay View Post
I don't really care for Dr. Oz. I think he is a bit of a quack. He jumps on the "flavor of the day" all the time. My meter is my Dr. Oz. It tells me the truth always (well as long as its working properly that is!).

__________________
ColaJim, Age 73
Type 2 (very advanced Metabolic Syndrome ) for about 15 years but "insulin/oxygen resistant" for about 40 years
HbA1c 6.4 October 2014


now taking:

Novolog as required
.
'Guessing is a scientific method" ~ Richard Feynman

I am not your librarian! Do your own research!. ~ ColaJim

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. ~ Winston Churchill

Last edited by ColaJim; 01-17-2012 at 17:07.
ColaJim is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 17:20   #33
Moderator
 
VeeJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 9,407

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2010

11975 likes received
4444 likes given
Default

Jim, your comments just don't make any sense.

__________________
My low-carb recipe collection on Pinterest
https://www.pinterest.com/VRStudio1/...light-recipes/
70 yrs. Dx May 2010
Diet controlled: VLC/HF
BG steady with no highs or lows.
A1C in the 5% range.
____________________________________
Gluten intolerant, sensitive to dairy & eggs.
Eat no grains
VeeJay is offline  
 
Old 01-17-2012, 18:18   #34
Senior Member
 
ColaJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Midland Michigan USA
Posts: 930

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 1998

494 likes received
965 likes given
Default VeeJay only

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJay View Post
Jim, your comments just don't make any sense.
VeeJay,

My comments are not going to make sense to you because beyond all reason you desperately need to believe that your seemingly normal blood sugar reading and your good A1c report reflect a reasonably good state of health.

My point of view is that if you are diabetic, then you are sick, period. I know that my point of view is not popular with other T2 diabetics. They like to believe that "other than having diabetes I am pretty healthy", but to me that translates to "other than being sick I am pretty healthy", which to me is an oxymoron.

ColaJim

__________________
ColaJim, Age 73
Type 2 (very advanced Metabolic Syndrome ) for about 15 years but "insulin/oxygen resistant" for about 40 years
HbA1c 6.4 October 2014


now taking:

Novolog as required
.
'Guessing is a scientific method" ~ Richard Feynman

I am not your librarian! Do your own research!. ~ ColaJim

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. ~ Winston Churchill
ColaJim is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 18:48   #35
MCS
WHAT, I got D
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: HOTSVILLE USA
Posts: 3,849

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 1565

3991 likes received
5218 likes given
Default

Thats just sad. Your stripping away at the pride people have in trying to better themselves. Yea I got Diabetes, I had a Quadruple by-pass, neuro so bad I couldn't drive a car, ear aches, DKA twice, yeast infections, MRSA infections, A retinal bleed. But now I am sitting here with no chest pain, walk miles every day, normal blood sugar, no neuro problema at all, eyes are good and an A1C of 4.6, and your trying to make me feel bad because I got Diabetes, not a chance.

I do like the picture of your cat though.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaJim View Post
VeeJay,

My comments are not going to make sense to you because beyond all reason you desperately need to believe that your seemingly normal blood sugar reading and your good A1c report reflect a reasonably good state of health.

My point of view is that if you are diabetic, then you are sick, period. I know that my point of view is not popular with other T2 diabetics. They like to believe that "other than having diabetes I am pretty healthy", but to me that translates to "other than being sick I am pretty healthy", which to me is an oxymoron.

ColaJim

__________________
Control is with Diet modification, exercise, supps.
A1C, Dxed 11, 5.6, 4.8, 4.6
MCS is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 19:12   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cleveland, Ohio - USA
Posts: 2,055

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2000

1638 likes received
130 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaJim View Post
Please don't be offended!
Bearing in mind that this is from a sarcastic and overly analytical senile old man , but if you ever worked in quality control you would know that your statement is illogical.

You have grossly manipulated your meter reading with:
Metformin - 2000 mg daily
Levemir - 60 units at bedtime currently
Humulog - 15-20 units at mealtime
so you can see what you want to see. Therefor that meter reading is more of a reflection of your own desires than a reflection of reality.

Check something that you did not deliberately manipulate, like your mouth temperature. I would bet that it is less than 98.0 degrees F due to asphyxiation (your cells can't breathe well so they can't burn fuel well due to lack of Omega-3 FA in the cell walls). The inflammation caused by 100 units of insulin a day should cause enough free radicals to destroy any delicate parts of your cellular walls like any Omega -3 FA. I would bet that your carbohydrate to insulin ratio is much less than 10g carbohydrate to 1 unit insulin and you need about an C:I of 20 to be healthy. Another test is, can you walk fast for a mile? If not, then, as far as health goes, your meter readings are baloney.

So yes, your meter is your Dr. Oz, it shows you what you want to see so you watch it, just like Dr. Oz on TV.

Just saying ...

ColaJim
ColaJim, I'm not easy to offend. However, I don't get at what you are saying? I don't take these meds to "see what I want to see" since I know without them I am in hot water with my numbers. The whole reason I've had to resort back to insulin is because diet and exercise alone for me just isn't doing it. I've been down this road so long and followed so many different WOE, I am just very IR and my sugar was ranging from mid 300's to mid 400's no matter what I did. So, I don't think that I am necessarily manipulating my meter to show me what I want to see. Obviously I must follow this regimen at this time in order to see better health. But offended, nah. I am who I am and I am totally accepting of that fact. I wish I could do this all with no meds, but that just isn't in the stars right now. Perhaps I'll get to that point, but I've just been following this LC/HF for a few months now. I've had improvements and I've had frustrations. Also, I should change the Levemir in my profile...I've been mixing that up a little because upping the amount I take is not controlling my DP any better than lesser amounts of it. Okay, hope this answered some questions. I just personally really don't like Dr. Oz. He nauseates me.

__________________
**Renee***

Metformin - 2000 mg daily
Humulog - on a PING Pump now...
Zoloft - 100 mg
Milk Thistle
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Biotin
GTF Chromium
Fish Oil - 4 grams a day
Vitamin D3 - 5000 iu daily
81 mg aspirin daily
Probiotic
naynay is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 19:26   #37
Senior Member
 
sallyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Posts: 335

Member Type
Type Pre
Diagnosed in 2011

93 likes received
3 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naynay
Starfirey2k, you are truly an inspiration! Good for you getting all that weight off, and without bariatric surgery!!!! Woohoo! The whites are bad things...and I'm glad I quit eating them. I've had a "taste" or two since quitting them, and it really didn't do anything for me as far as satisfaction. I do not have cravings for this stuff anymore, and I really don't have a huge appetite anymore. Hopefully this will help turn around my weight loss attempts, even with the insulin usage. I hope to one day be like you and be off insulin completely! Thanks for being so inspirational, and keep up the great job!

I ditto the above - a real inspiration!

__________________
Age: 44 Years

Results 21.12.2011 Weight 104lbs
HbA1C 5.4
Results 1.06.2011 Weight 106lbs
HbA1C 6.9
Controlled with Excerise and diet (after trying
Met)
sallyb is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 19:32   #38
Senior Member
 
ColaJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Midland Michigan USA
Posts: 930

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 1998

494 likes received
965 likes given
Default Mcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS View Post
I do like the picture of your cat though.
Thanks, I feel that the cat expresses my attitude toward the establishment more than a picture of myself. I get a 3% increase in cost of living and my cost of groceries jumped several times that. And the cost of gas is so high that I can't afford to drive my car. And my medical cost are more than I make! Perhaps this makes me grumpy. .

ColaJim

PS: sorry if my post rained on your parade, you are one of the proactive people that I admire.

MCS likes this.
__________________
ColaJim, Age 73
Type 2 (very advanced Metabolic Syndrome ) for about 15 years but "insulin/oxygen resistant" for about 40 years
HbA1c 6.4 October 2014


now taking:

Novolog as required
.
'Guessing is a scientific method" ~ Richard Feynman

I am not your librarian! Do your own research!. ~ ColaJim

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. ~ Winston Churchill
ColaJim is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New meds Oneman2watch Diabetes Treatment 0 01-03-2012 05:38
New meds rhondah New Member Introductions 13 10-24-2011 05:04
Meds Oneman2watch Diabetes Forum Lounge 13 04-07-2011 22:47
Meds For T1D With IR Richard157 Diabetes 10 04-02-2011 16:29
Off the meds Cheenchie Diabetes News 4 11-05-2010 05:47

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:48.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.