The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online

The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online (https://www.diabetesforum.com/forum.php)
-   Diabetes (https://www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes/)
-   -   Metformin versus Chromium (https://www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes/98745-metformin-versus-chromium.html)

ToddAndMargo 01-06-2019 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by hftmrock (Post 1314769)
I appreciate all of your information and hope you continue to provide information and experience in a calm , informative manner.

I don't know if you could tell, but I did calm it down a lot. I hate seeing what T2 does to folks, especially if information was being withheld. I lost a man I really cared about to it (you'd think he got the hint when got of his feet fell off). Many of my customers have lost their spouses to it too.

If T2's have been given the proper information but chose to stay addicted, then it is their own business. Just make sure your wills are in order and everyone that depends on you is alternately taken care of.

I will try to calm it down even more.

hftmrock 01-06-2019 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddAndMargo (Post 1314777)
I don't know if you could tell, but I did calm it down a lot. I hate seeing what T2 does to folks, especially if information was being withheld. I lost a man I really cared about to it (you'd think he got the hint when got of his feet fell off). Many of my customers have lost their spouses to it too.

If T2's have been given the proper information but chose to stay addicted, then it is their own business. Just make sure your wills are in order and everyone that depends on you is alternately taken care of.

I will try to calm it down even more.



I have seen you moderate yourself and I think your message becomes even stronger.

thanks and I know you will be able to help many people here.

:vs_coffee:

ToddAndMargo 01-06-2019 23:26

Thank you for the kind words.

The diet doctor link in your signature block is a very well done web site. the only thing it does not seems to mention is Glycemic Load, which is extremely important to becoming drug free. Perhaps you should consider including

https://nutritiondata.self.com/

which does include Glycemic Load in your signature block as well

VeeJay 01-06-2019 23:30

T&M

All of us become frustrated with friends and family who choose not to be proactive about their health conditions. Many just plain don't want to make any changes in the way they eat or anything else, for that matter. No amount of preaching to them will make a difference and eventually will alienate them.

The people who come to this forum are searching for answers. Most are confused by the conflicting information they receive from doctors and the internet and mis-informed experts.

It takes time for people to take in new information. A little at a time is best. Share your own personal experience and what you've done for yourself to make a difference with your diabetes. Often times its reading about someone's successes that motivates another and encourages them to give something new a try.

VeeJay 01-06-2019 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddAndMargo (Post 1314793)
... Glycemic Load, which is extremely important to becoming drug free.

Not everyone needs to follow this. I haven't found it to be particularly helpful in my diabetic journey. I count carbs. I have never been on any diabetic drugs.

YMMV

ToddAndMargo 01-06-2019 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddAndMargo (Post 1314793)
The diet doctor link in your signature block is a very well done web site. the only thing it does not seems to mention is Glycemic Load, which is extremely important to becoming drug free.

Oh you know what, I take some of that back. I do realize he is trying to simplify things but he is going too far. Apples, Oranges, winter squash (acorn squash, etc.) all grow above the ground and are off the list. Jicama, garlic, onions, shallots all grow below the ground are on the list. He really need to concentrate on Glycemic Load.

ToddAndMargo 01-06-2019 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeJay (Post 1314801)
Not everyone needs to follow this. I haven't found it to be particularly helpful in my diabetic journey. I count carbs. I have never been on any diabetic drugs.

YMMV

Only after you start to heal. But you can never go back to what injured you in the first place.

T-Dynamo 01-07-2019 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSDad126 (Post 1314679)
I bought my $30 bottle of promises, and did not experience any benefit.

I think that is the problem, you bought only 1 bottle. I have been taking Chromium and Vanadium "everyday" since my diagnosis. And that was March 2017. I also take a full spectrum of trace minerals. I don't do meds and I don't do keto, and my a1c went from 10.9 to 4.9. :vs_cool:
Not trying to boast, just giving the newly diagnosed hope.

I still eat white rice, bread, potatoes, pasta, pizza (in moderation). The biggest thing I did to beat diabetes was lose 35/lbs and get my body fit, along with cutting out high sugary, processed foods. I try to eat a clean-salad, w/olive oil and vinegar, each day as a meal (plenty of green veggies - spinach, kale, avocado, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, etc).

ToddAndMargo 01-07-2019 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Dynamo (Post 1314849)
I think that is the problem, you bought only 1 bottle. I have been taking Chromium and Vanadium "everyday" since my diagnosis. And that was March 2017. I also take a full spectrum of trace minerals. I don't do meds and I don't do keto, and my a1c went from 10.9 to 4.9. :vs_cool:
Not trying to boast, just giving the newly diagnosed hope.

I still eat white rice, bread, potatoes, pasta, pizza (in moderation). The biggest thing I did to beat diabetes was lose 35/lbs and get my body fit, along with cutting out high sugary, processed foods. I try to eat a clean-salad, w/olive oil and vinegar, each day as a meal (plenty of green veggies - spinach, kale, avocado, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, etc).

I never stated how many bottles I used. I don't remember how many, but it was not one. Chromium and Vanadium are often sold together. I used them separately. Vanadium does help you heal. I have since discontinued vanadyl sulfate as it have done its job.

Congratulations. You are on the road to healing. Very good news.

What was your BG when you got diagnosed?

T-Dynamo 01-07-2019 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddAndMargo (Post 1314851)
I never stated how many bottles I used. I don't remember how many, but it was not one. Chromium and Vanadium are often sold together. I used them separately. Vanadium does help you heal. I have since discontinued vanadyl sulfate as it have done its job.

Congratulations. You are on the road to healing. Very good news.

What was your BG when you got diagnosed?

Thank you!
At diagnosis BG was 220 mg/dl
Today it was 86.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:48.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.