1. DiabetesForum.com is an interactive site. Please treat others here the way you wish to be treated, with respect, and without insult or personal attack. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Deliberately inflammatory posts will be considered trolling, and those posts will be removed.
2. All posts on this site must be in English. Your first post in the Introductions Forum is intended as a way for members to get to know you, your diabetes story, and what brought you here. The more information you provide about your diabetes journey thus far, i.e. A1c, blood glucose, medications, way of eating, etc, the more feedback and help we can offer.
3. Sexually explicit, racist, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behaviour is not acceptable on this site. Should anyone use inappropriate language, engage in a personal attack, or use hate speech, their posting rights will be revoked immediately. Similarly, links to adult content, pages with links to adult content, near adult content, hate sites or messages describing anything against the law are not allowed and will be removed.
4. Anyone who finds a posted message objectionable should use the report button. This notifies all moderators who will take any appropriate action..
5. Keep personal information personal. Do not request personal information from other members, and similarly do not post other members personal information on the site without their permission.
6. Do not post publicly in full or in part any PMs or emails sent to you.
7. Do not discuss moderator or admin actions in the forums. If you have a matter to discuss please PM or email us.
9. Multiple accounts/user names are not allowed, and anyone discovered having them will be banned.
10. Do not use the forum as a place for advertising, polling, or research. Do not post unsolicited URLs in threads unless a specific request for information has been requested by a poster. Active members (those with a 5+ post count) may display a single link in your signature to a site that you are personally involved in but it may not be referred to in any of your posts. This is not a tool for advertising and any link or text deemed to be doing so will be removed immediately. In particular any links that advertise other forums or competing services, even your own, will be removed immediately.
11. Any username, user title or avatar that is an obvious profession, domain name, company name, product name or service description is prohibited. This is out of unfair promotion considerations as well as trademark implications. Email addresses are also NOT to be used as a username. If you find yourself needing to change your name, you may contact the moderators by posting on the help desk, or by PM if you are allowed to use it.
12. Do not use Diabetes Forum to promote your specific professional services or any commercial website, and do not offer professional advice.
Members must not give the impression that they are soliciting medical advice nor should a response appear to be offering a diagnosis or medical assessment of the condition described or results quoted. Posts which appear to do so will be removed.
Any opinions and views expressed by the members of this forum are not intended as medical advice or to replace sound medical practice. This forum, by law, cannot and will not replace a doctor.
13. Messages posted at this site are the sole responsibility of the poster. You are responsible for your own posts and agree to not hold DiabetesForum.com liable for any messages posted. Posts of any moderators of DiabetesForum.com may not necessarily reflect the opinions of DiabetesForum.com, or its owners.
14. The DiabetesForum.com forum is not pre-moderated. The DiabetesForum.com forum is intended to facilitate communication between registered DiabetesForum.com users and the views expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the owners. The posting of defamatory or otherwise illegal comment or material, contravenes our forum policy is not allowed. Although DiabetesForum.com is not responsible for comments included in this area, it reserves the right to review postings and delete them if they are not appropriate and your right to access the DiabetesForum.com forum may be revoked. Members should also be aware that such activities may subject them to civil actions or criminal penalties.
15. In return for permitting you to use the DiabetesForum.com forum you agree with DiabetesForum.com that your contribution:
is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to us for all the purposes specified above
is not defamatory
does not infringe any applicable law and
does not breach our abuse policy as outlined within these rules.
in particular, the posting of meaningless statements for the purpose of enhancing your post count will be considered a deliberate attempt to side step the rules of the forum. The post will be removed and an appropriate sanction imposed on the poster.
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.