- About jasonsandeman
- My name is Jason Sandeman and I am a chef. I read about food, think about food, cook food, and of course, eat food.
I am opinionated and controversial, and that is my way of expressing my passion for foods and traditions.
- Your Location
- Saint Eustache, Quebec, Canada
- Your experiences with diabetes
- On March 4th 2010, I was diagnosed with diabetes. I later found out that it was LADA, a variant of type 1 diabetes. I had let my health get to the point where I needed to go onto insulin therapy to get my numbers under control.
I was stuck with these questions: What do I do now? How does eating affect my blood sugar? What should I eat? What can’t I eat?
WHAT’S MY POINT?
What I am doing to control my weight, diabetes, and health – available to anyone who will listen.
I have no credentials, but I genuinely think that our health problems are directly connected to how and what we eat. I will show you how I think you can take back the control over your health by returning to the kitchen, and preparing the foods that our ancestors used to heal.
I BELIEVE IT’S REALLY UP TO US FIRST.
This blog is for those people who believe that by eating a diet of traditional foods that are low in carbohydrates, exercising intelligently, and controlling blood sugars will lead to excellent health.
I believe that a pill or operation should be the last resort. See if nutrition and exercise can’t help you first.
Sick of all sorts of advice (well-meaning or not,) I took matters into my own hands. I researched and read a lot of books and came up with my own plan.
- Diabetes Types
- Diagnosis Year
- Well Done, Chef! Real for For Your Life: http://welldonechef.com
- Home Page
- This Page