Good circulation but COLD feet - Page 2

Go Back   The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online > Diabetes Forum Start Here > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Please start by introducing yourself to the rest of our community. We would be grateful if you could tell us a little bit about yourself and your experiences with Diabetes. The main aim of our community is to share experiences, knowledge and help increase the understanding and awareness of Diabetes. The introductions forum is a great place to start with the community. ■ RulesGetting Started With DiabetesForum.com


Like Tree2Likes

Good circulation but COLD feet - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
Shared Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 18:38   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24,394

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2009

23929 likes received
32255 likes given
Default

Thanks for the update, Mike . . . I'm sitting here with cold toes as I'm reading your post!




Shanny is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 18:17   #12
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9


1 likes received
Default

Well....I had my Nerve Conduction test yesterday, for my feet, and I must say - IT WAS PAINFUL! I certainly wasn't expecting that. Every time the current was sent I had to give a muffled scream. If I had a piece of leather I would have chewed on it. It made my back arch. I absolutely hated it. They did it to one of my hands and both feet on the top. Then they did a test on the side of one foot and that wasn't bad at all. I even felt tingling on my toes after I left. I hope I don't have to do that again. I went into the office joking and left solemn. I will get the results back in a couple of weeks. I am having a hard time sleeping at nights. Both feet are still cold and the left leg almost feels like a restless leg syndrome thing. I will have to ask the doc if medical marijuana would help. I am willing to try anything at this point.

MikeSweet is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 17:31   #13
Senior Member
 
aimster1mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City Mo. USA
Posts: 261

Member Type
Type 1
Diagnosed in 2001

94 likes received
92 likes given
Default

I keep telling the SO I wish they would go ahead and pass it in our state. I do know for a fact it will bring your levels down when they're high. So I've been told.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSweet View Post
I will have to ask the doc if medical marijuana would help. I am willing to try anything at this point.

aimster1mo is offline  
 
Old 04-08-2011, 17:39   #14
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9


1 likes received
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimster1mo View Post
I keep telling the SO I wish they would go ahead and pass it in our state. I do know for a fact it will bring your levels down when they're high. So I've been told.
Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

MikeSweet is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 17:56   #15
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9


1 likes received
Default Lab Results

So here are my lab results on Feb 2011 and meds I am taking:
Metformin (500mg - twice daily)
Actos (30mg)
Lipitor (40mg)
Ramipril (2.5mg)
Niaspan (750mg - two tablets)
Allopurinol (100mg)
Vitamin D (50,000 IU - once a week)
Nexium (40 mg)
Aspirin (81mg)
Fish Oil
(1000mg -twice daily)


Glucose - 113
Total LDL - 68
Total HDL - 60
Total Cholesterol - 142
Apo B - 58
Triglycerides - 58

Maybe somebody will know if any of these meds/numbers can affect cold feet. I took Nyquil the other night so that I could sleep and it did help with the cold feet/restless leg problem. Don't want to keep taking that though. Didn't have the problem last night and I didn't take anything plus the temp got down to 30 degrees.

MikeSweet is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 17:59   #16
Active Member
 
breezeonby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 2,771

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2000

55 likes received
6 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSweet View Post
Well....I had my Nerve Conduction test yesterday, for my feet, and I must say - IT WAS PAINFUL! I certainly wasn't expecting that. Every time the current was sent I had to give a muffled scream. If I had a piece of leather I would have chewed on it. It made my back arch. I absolutely hated it. They did it to one of my hands and both feet on the top. Then they did a test on the side of one foot and that wasn't bad at all. I even felt tingling on my toes after I left. I hope I don't have to do that again. I went into the office joking and left solemn. I will get the results back in a couple of weeks. I am having a hard time sleeping at nights. Both feet are still cold and the left leg almost feels like a restless leg syndrome thing. I will have to ask the doc if medical marijuana would help. I am willing to try anything at this point.
I don't know where you live but in the USA there is no legal medical marijuana. There is medication to help with neuropathy though. Also keeping your blood sugar under control will help with the neuropathy.

__________________
Breezeonby {Female}
Medications: Metformin ER, Lantus, Novolog
Zofran for Gastroparesis
Gabapentin-Neuropathy
Zocor 40MG, Fish Oil 4000MG
A1C/5.2% April 14, 2010
A1C/5.5% June 1, 2010
A1C/5.2% October 6, 2010
A1C/5.0% February 7, 2011
breezeonby is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 18:04   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24,394

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2009

23929 likes received
32255 likes given
Default

15 Legal Medical Marijuana States and DC - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org




Shanny is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 18:06   #18
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9


1 likes received
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezeonby View Post
I don't know where you live but in the USA there is no legal medical marijuana. There is medication to help with neuropathy though. Also keeping your blood sugar under control will help with the neuropathy.
Washington state (where I live) allows it. It is NOT federally accepted but we are not the only state that allows it. The state doesn't supply it but there are people who can legally supply it. I am not saying that I will take it but, frankly, I take too many meds as it is (not that cannabis isn't a med). I also had the problem even when I was hiking 25 miles per day and my readings were in the 70's. It doesn't seem to be related to my glucose numbers and, so far, it has NOT been diagnosed as neuropathy. I do not have pain in my feet or tingling sensations - they just feel cold. I am a fit person at 5'4" and 140 pounds. Don't smoke, don't drink alcohol.

MikeSweet is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 18:08   #19
Moderator
 
moon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,048

Member Type
Type 2
Diagnosed in 2011

5700 likes received
3336 likes given
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezeonby View Post
I don't know where you live but in the USA there is no legal medical marijuana.
It's legal in California - dispensaries are common. And with a medical card, it's legal to grow X amt for your own use. You're correct that it is not federally legal, but the feds don't get involved in personal use of prescribed marijuana in CA.

__________________
Dx'ed Feb 2011 w/ BS > 600
A1C: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Other Stuff
2/13/11 .. 14.7 . . . . . . Trig/HDL ratio .. 5.5 to 2.2 in 6 mo
5/23/11 .. 6.2 . . . . . . . Low-carb/high healthy-fat diet
9/8/11 .... 5.6 . . . . . . . No meds, No statin
2/24/16 .... basal/bolus insulin 2-3 days/wk due to steroids

moon is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 18:13   #20
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9


1 likes received
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
It's legal in California - dispensaries are common. And with a medical card, it's legal to grow X amt for your own use. You're correct that it is not federally legal, but the feds don't get involved in personal use of prescribed marijuana in CA.
Yeah...I've been to California several times and am aware of that - they set the standard. If I moved to California (Southern, that is) I wouldn't have to worry about taking marijuana because I think the heat would solve my problem. My wife is from here and after having lived several years in Florida I don't think she wants to leave this state. If I had the money I would buy another place in a warm climate and live there in the winter/spring - but I don't so I can't.
My doctor is working diligently on this and has promised me that he will work his hardest at finding somebody to fix my problem.
Thanks for the info...

MikeSweet is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
cold feet, good circulation, rayneud

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Do You Deal With Cold Weather? breezeonby Diabetes Forum Lounge 29 05-23-2011 15:08
Cold -cold feet apjones Diabetes Symptoms 1 03-15-2010 20:15
Does It Get This Cold In Your Area? Richard157 Diabetes Forum Lounge 16 01-03-2010 20:25
cold all the time berryheadpie Diabetes Symptoms 1 10-02-2009 03:46
Nerve Damage and Cold Feet Luke Paton Diabetes Treatment 10 04-30-2009 15:30

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:32.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.