The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my Accu check meter, it came with a card that you activate that was supposed to make it so you would not pay more than $15 dollars for the test strips. I had activated it when I first got it, but hadn't had the opportunity to use it until today. Long story short, the pharmacist wasn't sure about what it was, but she punched the numbers in through my regular insurance and after waiting for about ten minutes, she got all excited and gave me the thumbs up sign. She then says to me..it actually worked!! lol So instead of having to pay almost 130 dollars for two bottles of test strips, they cost me the actual $15 dollars just like it said it would. She said as long as I had a prescription on file and it wasn't expired etc. I could keep getting my test strips for that cost. I felt like I had won the lotto! I told my husband, who doesn't have an accu check meter to get our doctor to give him and RX for one next time he goes in so he can get the card as well. I can't believe how expensive those tiny strips are.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's how I did it as well..online. I hope it works for you too:)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I didn't qualify - only private or third party insurance. Guess Medicare's policy of one-strip-a-day is supposed to see me through. :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
i had the same luck with novologs prescription card, it only works on four prescriptions, but it pays 50 on the first and 25 on 3 more refills, i got one for my novolog and one for levemir.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im sorry it didn't work. I just don't understand how the insurance policies can think it is all ok to use only one strip a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts