The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my first appt. went very well. I love my new doc and he said we are going to deal with this in baby steps. First of all, I got my meter and have learned how to use it. Second, I'm awaiting an appt. with the dietician and diabetes counselor.

Other than that, he said keep taking the metformin, pay attention to my diet and get more excercise. He told me he would be happy with 30 min. of bike riding 4 times per week to start.

I see him again in 2 weeks.

Came home and used my meter for the first time and got a reading of 9.8 before supper. Will check again two hours after supper. Last Wednesday it was 18. So that's a start!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I'm delighted all went so well! :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much! I'm feeling a bit better about things, as well. He didn't make me feel bad at all and he kept referring to the things that "we" are going to do. He told me "we" are a team and that "we" will work together to get me on the right road. He said he expects no more than a weight loss of 3lbs per month so that it isn't done rapidly and he would be happy to see my morning fasting number below 10. I see that a lot of people refer to numbers being "over 100" or "140, 120" etc. How does this convert?

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
The US uses a different system. Just multilpy your numbers by 18 or take our numbers and divide by 18. We just have to be different.

·
Registered
62 Posts
We just have to be different.
Ain't that the truth?!

I'm glad your appointment went so well and that you're feeling better. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again!! I am a Canadian girl but married to an American and yes, he's always got to be different! ha ha ha! Just kidding!!

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Stick around here, there are some really good people here. In time, you will discover that you know a lot more then your "doctor" does about diabetes, and more importantly, about YOUR own care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts