The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to lunch today and decided to test introducing a new carb into my diet. I remember someone on here saying that they could tolerate sweet potato fries. These are one of favorite foods. I did not test before because I did not have my meter but I was probably around 97. I ate 3/4 of a bacon cheese burger without the bun, lettuce, tomato, and mayo, along with approximately 15 sweet potato fries dipped in ranch dressing.

One hour after the meal I was 138. Two hors after the meal I was 101.

I am not sure if this is good or not. For the past week and a half I have not left the double digits.

What do you think?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I think it's acceptable - falls in with keeping BG under 140 at all times anyhow. Nice to have one of your favorite foods slip under the wire, eh?! :D

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I find I do well with sweet potato fries. I never test at 1 hour, but am always around 100 at 2 hours, too. It's nice to be able to indulge in a favorite food.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
It was probably a good idea to dip those sweet potato fries in the ranch dressing. I'm sure the combination of the carb from the potatoes and the fat from the ranch dressing (and the bacon on that cheeseburger) helped to keep your bg's within a wonderful range.

I'm very jealous right now! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
That meal sounds real good to me and expecially with the low numbers. I try to count carbs, but I have a lot or trouble when it comes to meals made at home like casseroles. I go a lot by my numbers before and after new foods and decide whether I can eat it again or not.

Rita

1 - 5 of 5 Posts