The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'd like to start by introducing my age (I'm 21, female), and although I am undiagnosed, I have had a glucose fasting test yesterday and am currently impatiently waiting for my result to come back.

The reason why I went doctors is because I've been recently feeling an extreme urge to go bathroom (frequently pee) more often than normal (I barely pee, which is also unhealthy), but for me, it's normal-and this is why I'm scared.

I've also been feeling a huge lack of motivation and have been feeling really sleepy. Again, I'm not sure if I have prediabetes or diabetes itself, but I wouldn't be surprised because I've been eating so much fast food/mcdonald's, etc. But I'd also be very upset and angry if I do get diagnosed because I never drink soda's or sugary drinks and only water...

I've recently been eating avocado's and pretty much that's it. I've been soooo paranoid and scared (hypochondriac) about this situation- even when I'm not even diagnosed yet, and even worse, I never thought diabetes was a serious or life-threatening issue until I looked it up and I'm so paranoid and sad/scared.
I don't know how to feel right now, but just anxious awaiting my results. :vs_frown: :vs_frown: :vs_frown: :crying: :crying::sad2: :vs_sob:

I really hope it isn't diabetes :(

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
ok, first welcome to a safe place where you can come and ask questions, vent, cry, scream or anything and you will not be judged or looked at badly. We have all been there.

second... breath. :vs_coffee: . you dont know if you have it and the good news is depending on what degree you have (It doesnt sound to be too bad) , it is reversible in most cases (not curable). If you have it and caught it early you can live without any symptoms for the rest of your life and live as long if not longer than anyone.

since you dont know, I am not going to tell you anything at the moment in what to do. I will only recommend that if you are that concerned, buy a blood glucose monitor and test on your own. Its really not all that expensive and you find out in 5 seconds.

I think you are too scared and too worried to talk practical advice and I think you read all the bad things about diabetes but it doesnt have to be that way. Once you know, please post and let us know what the doctor or the meter says. do it on an empty stomach if you can. that is the first thing you should do.

Stay here and have a cup of coffee... I just made a fresh pot. There are no carb cookies in the back if you are hungry.

Ask any questions you need! :vs_coffee:

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
I've been soooo paranoid and scared (hypochondriac) about this situation- even when I'm not even diagnosed yet, and even worse, I never thought diabetes was a serious or life-threatening issue until I looked it up and I'm so paranoid and sad/scared.
I want you to know that diabetes is treatable, and controllable. And all those complications you read about come from uncontrolled, high blood sugar levels.

As you read through this forum you'll find that folks here ARE controlling their blood sugar, and are NOT likely to develop the kind of complications you have read about.

A good, and accurate, resource about diabetes: Blood Sugar 101 It should give you a good foundational knowledge of diabetes and what you can do about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want you to know that diabetes is treatable, and controllable. And all those complications you read about come from uncontrolled, high blood sugar levels.

As you read through this forum you'll find that folks here ARE controlling their blood sugar, and are NOT likely to develop the kind of complications you have read about.
Thank you very much for the comfort and I understand.

I appreciate your comfort and support.<3 I will see my results tomorrow and discuss with them. <3 <3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
second... breath. :vs_coffee: . you dont know if you have it and the good news is depending on what degree you have (It doesnt sound to be too bad) , it is reversible in most cases (not curable). If you have it and caught it early you can live without any symptoms for the rest of your life and live as long if not longer than anyone.

Stay here and have a cup of coffee... I just made a fresh pot. There are no carb cookies in the back if you are hungry.

Ask any questions you need! :vs_coffee:
'

Thank u a lot. x <3 means a lot to feel the comfort and warmth from this community.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You are in the right place

Also, if you do end up with a diagnosis of diabetes, you have found the right place. There are rich resources here and a warm heart. :eek:) Recently diagnosed myself (but I am 57 and had gestational diabetes--a big sign that I was likely to have it), I have found plenty here to ground me. Diabetes is manageable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys! I've recently just got my results back today! It turns out I freaked out over nothing and I don't have diabetes nor pre-diabetes. (My level is at 4.2 mmol/L) So much reliefff ugh! But I'm not going to stop eating healthy. This is a huge wake up call for me, I believe. No more fast-food everyday and I will probably stick to healthier diets and eat better.

P.S - This does not mean that I won't use this anymore, I will still have my account and I appreciate all your helps and comforting messages. <3 Stay healthy, healthy pals.<3

·
Super Moderator
9,634 Posts
Did they do just the fasting BG or did they also do an A1c? Just the random fasting number is not really meaningful, especially when the fasting BG is usually the last to break.

Not trying to burst your "Happy Balloon", just being a realist. Did your doctor have an explanation for the increased need to pee?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did they do just the fasting BG or did they also do an A1c? Just the random fasting number is not really meaningful, especially when the fasting BG is usually the last to break.

Not trying to burst your "Happy Balloon", just being a realist. Did your doctor have an explanation for the increased need to pee?

Uhh, kind of a burst to my happy balloon. I'm not sure if you're trying to make me more anxious or not? I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I'm sure my doctor knows more than you to judge whether I would need an A1C. I'm sure if I had diabetes I'm assuming it would've shown since I am having its symptoms.

But all I am having is increased urination and I am on the time of the month- (you know..) so I assumed it was either that, maybe stress because I've been extremely stressed out for months to where I am literally nothing but numb and lack emotions. I don't know. Or it could be an infection he said.
:vs_coffee:

·
Super Moderator
9,634 Posts
I wish my doctor was as smart as yours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts