The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This site has really helped my finances.

Diabetic Supplies « Patient Assistance Program, Discount Prescription Drugs

It is a bit difficult because you can't order completely on line. You have to fill out a form and mail it in, along with your credit card number. I think they do take checks.

They say you need a prescription, but that is for the medications. The only thing I order is the test strips and no prescription is needed for them.

The strips come in packs of 50, but you have to order them by 2s. You can't have an odd number of them. (They aren't very good at communication, so I thought it might help to know that.) The expiry date on the last batch of strips I got was May 2013, so these aren't being sold low just because they are near expiry.

You get a free meter with your first order and can have 1 a year after that. It is the Prodigy Preferred meter, and it is good. No coding required, so it is faster.

They are supported by donations and you have to declare your income, but mine was well under their threshold. If you make to much they won't sell to you. I've just linked to the diabetes part of the site. They do have a lot of other prescriptions for other conditions.

It has been really nice to feel comfortable testing 3 or 4 times a day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.