The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a disturbing phone call from Diabetes Care Club today. They are claiming that 40% of all meters on the market do not test properly. When I told them I was using Accu-check Compact Plus they refused to comment and kept pushing their talking meter. I told them that I felt Accu-chek was a good company and have good products and that my hospital uses Accu-check, they just told me to trade in my meter and use their talking meter. I said "NO" and "take me off of your call list". I don't know where Diabetes Care Club gets their information, but they do need to get the facts straight.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've never had a problem with my Accu-Chek Compact Plus, although we (the meter and I) have frequent disagreements over the readings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not all meters are 100%. Not even the talking meters. At my laboratory, they use exactly the same meter as I use at home, even though the accuracy is somewhere within +/- 10%. Most important for us is that they give us good and reliable information about the current situation. I guess you did right by refusing their offer.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Their problem is that they are not bringing in enough money from their TV ads so have resorted to using call centers. Another company with even less scruples has taken to generating email spam and I would get a message about every day. Their lies are even worse. I found the email address for them on their website and asked them to stop or I would expose their emails in my blog. It stopped them for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.