The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At midnight it will be my 48th wedding anniversary.

My Dad was a preacher, and a woman and her 3 daughters had been going to church for several years, but I had never met her son. One day when I was 19, one of the daughters showed me a picture of her 19 year old brother. He was in the Air Force, and she asked if I wanted to write him. I said OK. We had been writing each other about 3 months (nothing serious, of course) when he came home on leave. It was love at first sight and a week and a half later, my Dad married us. Since we hadn't known each other long, everyone was sure our marriage wouldn't last 6 months.

To celebrate our anniversary tomorrow, we plan to drive to Wildwood, MO (about an hour from here) to pick up a Shopsmith that Mr. Gizmo found on Craigslist. Of course, we'll stop and eat dinner somewhere.

Anyway, that's my story, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
At midnight it will be my 48th wedding anniversary.

My Dad was a preacher, and a woman and her 3 daughters had been going to church for several years, but I had never met her son. One day when I was 19, one of the daughters showed me a picture of her 19 year old brother. He was in the Air Force, and she asked if I wanted to write him. I said OK. We had been writing each other about 3 months (nothing serious, of course) when he came home on leave. It was love at first sight and a week and a half later, my Dad married us. Since we hadn't known each other long, everyone was sure our marriage wouldn't last 6 months.

To celebrate our anniversary tomorrow, we plan to drive to Wildwood, MO (about an hour from here) to pick up a Shopsmith that Mr. Gizmo found on Craigslist. Of course, we'll stop and eat dinner somewhere.

Anyway, that's my story, if anyone is interested.
:party:
Wow .... Happy, Happy 48th! :party:

Errr ... what's a Shopsmith?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you.

Errr ... what's a Shopsmith?
One of Mr. Gizmo's many trades is a carpenter. From his description, a shopsmith is a mult-purpose tool that will do everything, including the dishes, and he can build me anything under the sun with it.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
One of Mr. Gizmo's many trades is a carpenter. From his description, a shopsmith is a mult-purpose tool that will do everything, including the dishes, and he can build me anything under the sun with it.

Ooooooooh, waaaay cool! I knew I wanted one ... even, like, before I knew what it was!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Aw - that's awesome. Have a wonderful day you two :)

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Happy Anniversary. That is fantastic 48 years.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Thanks for sharing your love story with us! Have a great anniversary and may both of you enjoy your Shopsmith! What a neat way to begin my day with a love story!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Happy Anniversary to the two of you. September is a great month to get married. My husband and I just celebrated our 41st on the 19th September. We got married on his Father's birthday in 1970.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
That is AMAZING! I've not even been ALIVE for 48 years! I'm thrilled for both of you!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
That is AMAZING! I've not even been ALIVE for 48 years!
I didn't think I had either, but then I looked at my driver's license ...

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Good grief..........lets not get started about looking at drivers license.....especially the photo to say nothing about the 'age' :) If I didn't have to carry my license with me, I would put it up in the attic to scare the mice away!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts