The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent this past Saturday riding in a 50 mile on my horse in the mountains of West Virginia. I have been endurance riding for over 10 years but this was my first 50 mile ride since being diagnoses 3 months ago. I tested every 2-3 hours during the ride and all my numbers were just below 100. I was a little nervous about missing the symptoms of being low. Near the end I was tired, hot and a little sore. but no problems.

The ride was over and I celebrated by having a Sam Adams light beer. God that tasted good. I have not had a beer in 3 months.

I am 44 with LADA! What a surprise. Routine DOT physical 3 months ago and I failed! No symptoms prior to the physical. I am going for my first a1c test tomorrow. Got my fingers crossed I have been trying to keep my numbers tight but this is all new to me.

I Stand Alone

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I spent this past Saturday riding in a 50 mile on my horse in the mountains of West Virginia. I have been endurance riding for over 10 years but this was my first 50 mile ride since being diagnoses 3 months ago. I tested every 2-3 hours during the ride and all my numbers were just below 100. I was a little nervous about missing the symptoms of being low. Near the end I was tired, hot and a little sore. but no problems.

The ride was over and I celebrated by having a Sam Adams light beer. God that tasted good. I have not had a beer in 3 months.

I am 44 with LADA! What a surprise. Routine DOT physical 3 months ago and I failed! No symptoms prior to the physical. I am going for my first a1c test tomorrow. Got my fingers crossed I have been trying to keep my numbers tight but this is all new to me.

I Stand Alone
Welcome to Diabetes Forum! Sounds like you enjoyed your horse ride. It is always good to try to continue to do things that you enjoy! Let us know how your A1C goes, we will keep our fingers crossed for you!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome aboard, I Stand Alone. Looks like you weathered your longest ride very well.

You've found the right place to learn all the ins & outs of this diabetes business. Ask all the questions you want - we're here to help all we can.

Sounds like your docs got all the bases covered & pinpointed your diagnosis without too much dithering. LADA has them scratching their heads sometimes. It also sounds like your glucose levels are very nicely controlled - good job. Tell us more about how you're managing, what meds you're using if any, what kind of eating plan you use.

And thank you for joining us! Hope to hear more about some of your riding excursions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re:

Wow.. That's amazing!! Its really superb that we can fulfill our wish to do what we want from the bottom of our heart!! :eyebrows:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts