The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I've been a diabetic for 2yrs now and have never went through this before all I wana do is sleep...I'm not interested in sex with my soon to be hubby which is weird and I'm sweating very bad like I can be reading and I start to sweat so bad it pours in my eyes..I've been staying home a lot and hate to be out in public please tell me I'm not alone on this I went to my doc and she pretty much didn't say anything I'm changing my doc..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm on levemir flex pen 40 units in the morning and 42 at night metformin 1000 mg two times a day and lisinopril 2.5mg

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Well, you'll never know what's going on if you don't test. If you're too weak to poke your own finger, then ask somebody else to do it.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I agree with Shanny. Get a number for a couple of these episodes.

G

·
Okay I've been a diabetic for 2yrs now and have never went through this before all I wana do is sleep...I'm not interested in sex with my soon to be hubby which is weird and I'm sweating very bad like I can be reading and I start to sweat so bad it pours in my eyes..I've been staying home a lot and hate to be out in public please tell me I'm not alone on this I went to my doc and she pretty much didn't say anything I'm changing my doc..
welcome :) I agree with what others have already advised... you need to test your BGLs to find out whether or not it is your BGLs that is causing this reaction in your body. We all react differently... there are of course standard text book side effects for lows and highs... although not absolutely everyone experiences the exact same side effects. Eg. one of the diabetics I know gets a numb stomach when they get low BGLs and that's the only symptom they get unless they hit below 2 (36) and they start spacing out.... whereas I get weak, shaky, lose my balance, sweat, feel sick, etc. You can feel really tired when your BGLs are too high, but then again you can also feel really tired when too low. Just test and let us know how you go. :D

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
G

·
328 fasting? oh my!

that is mega mega high.

get to your dr right away.
agreed..... fasting BGL shouldn't be in excess of 6 (108)... well that's what they advise here... US could be different? But range here is 4-6 which is considered healthy. Your 328 equates to 18.2 in our reading here which is way too high for a fasting BGL. I'd be worried if that was my after meal reading. Mind you I had 12.6 suddenly today 4 hours after eating, but I've had bad headache all morning too... also I've had unpredictable BGLs due a health issue and medication. The highest I go these days is 14 or so which of course I don't like either. I'm not sure whether you are on any other meds? Are you feeling Ok at the moment? See your doc straight away.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Please Get Help Now!

328 fasting? oh my!

that is mega mega high.

get to your dr right away.
Seconded!

Your 328 just about matches my average before I got diagnosed. No wonder you're feeling miserable!

Don't want to alarm you too much, but it will not go down without help.

Mine got to 513 before I was diagnosed (after being ordered into the hospital after a "routine" blood test).

If you get help NOW, you may avoid an inconvenient trip to the ER ... or much worse.

Please keep us posted. Wishing you the best!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts