The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im new to this , but can anyone tell me about this new diet ie : 600 calories per day can help rid us of type 2 diabetes. Friends have said it was on news but i missed it.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I don't take much stock in this study. It was done in a medical setting for a short amount of time. Then the people were followed up for 12 weeks, I think. There are no quick fixes especially if you are insulin resistant or insulin insufficient. I have reversed many of my diabetic symptoms and have near normal bgs most days, but I am still very much a diabetic.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm so tired of getting three different numbers from three different meters that it makes me wanna try it. I can't describe how fed up I am with diabetes!

G

·
welcome **** :) yeah there is no quick fix for diabetes as yet. We all have our fair share of frustration with diabetes, but we just have to maintain a positive attitude no matter what. The tricky bit is we are all different... obviously it ties in with your overall body chemistry as to what works well and what doesn't. If you're new I'm sure you have lots of trial and error ahead and lots of finger pricking to do. Just keep your chin up. :D This is a great place to share stuff and receive support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Hi Im new to this , but can anyone tell me about this new diet ie : 600 calories per day can help rid us of type 2 diabetes. Friends have said it was on news but i missed it.
Have a look at this Diabetes Update - 600 calories a day will have an impact - it's called starvation! Short term it works - long term it kills (my opinion).

The good place to look for advice on handling diabetes is Jenny Ruhl's main site Blood Sugar 101.

Good luck,

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts