The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just got back from a 6wk check up with my Dr. Although I can be impatient with my numbers he was very happy with them, and had not expected numbers near where they are. I do take that with a grain of salt as my goals for control are like many on this board are achieving. We are staying with meds as they currently are, 1000 Met ER, along with BP and Cholesterol meds. I'll also have blood work done in 4 more weeks and will be interested to see H1C and cholesterol numbers. I still have a long ways to go but the results are better than he expected as a result of the help I've gotten from this forum and others. So thanks to all of you!

Bernard

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congratulations! Its great to hear that your doing so well. I also have come to realize that people in this forum expect much more of themselves than most doctors expect. But as I keep telling my fiance of a month, I want to see my grandkids and I know with absolute focus we all will!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi All,

Just got back from a 6wk check up with my Dr. Although I can be impatient with my numbers he was very happy with them, and had not expected numbers near where they are. I do take that with a grain of salt as my goals for control are like many on this board are achieving. We are staying with meds as they currently are, 1000 Met ER, along with BP and Cholesterol meds. I'll also have blood work done in 4 more weeks and will be interested to see H1C and cholesterol numbers. I still have a long ways to go but the results are better than he expected as a result of the help I've gotten from this forum and others. So thanks to all of you!

Bernard
pat yourself on the back for the good work. keep it up:cheer2:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Way to go, Bernard . . . I hope you doc learns a little more about how this works from YOU! Many of our docs come up short with expectations as well as treatment options . . . and their goofy notion about us not needing to test, drives me right up the wall! :rolleyes:

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Great news!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts