The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see if anyone would like to make a 7 day pledge to test your blood sugar for one week 2 hours after your lunch meal? I am trying to set some small goals and would like to have a buddy or 2 to go along with this 7 day pledge! If interested, look for my post after my 2 hour test after lunch on Tuesday 5/18/10. Hope to see you then!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I would like to see if anyone would like to make a 7 day pledge to test your blood sugar for one week 2 hours after your lunch meal? I am trying to set some small goals and would like to have a buddy or 2 to go along with this 7 day pledge! If interested, look for my post after my 2 hour test after lunch on Tuesday 5/18/10. Hope to see you then!
I'm up for it :)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2 hour post meal lunch reading was 49. Had no low symptoms.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just read your challenge today. I will take the challenge with you starting tomorrow. :flame: :canada:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just read your challenge today. I will take the challenge with you starting tomorrow. :flame: :canada:
Alright! Good to have another buddy!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I will join you guys starting tomorrow :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
15.4 after lunch. This is normal for me. Looks like it will be another increase to the insulin.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
15.4 after lunch. This is normal for me. Looks like it will be another increase to the insulin.
I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt add fast acting insulin for your meals. Sounds like that could help you out a lot.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
115 after lunch today

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Jackie, your 15.4 is 277 on the US scale. That is high enough to cause DKA. I hope you test for DKA with high BGs. It is very serious if you keep running high like that. DKA can result in your going to the emergency room.

Breezy, I was 91 two hours after lunch today. My target is 90, but I still had half of my bolus on board. I ate 15 carbs, did my afternoon exercise and was 103 when I finished. I am having the same lunch tomorrow and using a smaller bolus.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the worries everyone, but this is actually come down from 25 and above since last week. I am in the process of adjusting my insulin and it is coming down slowly but surely. And yes Richard I do test for DKA. Needless to say with out a long story, I have been in the high 20's for over 2 years due to depression, denial, and complete not caring about life. I am feeling better about my self and I am sure that you will see a difference in my readings in these posts. As for a fast acting insulin, My doctors and I have agreed to try to control without it. But if it is needed we will add it. I am having alot of organ tests to rule out any damage and so far so good. Thanks for your concern.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was 63 at 2 hour post lunch. Ate at McDonald's (planned) went by Calorie King's carb counts.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was 63 at 2 hour post lunch. Ate at McDonald's (planned) went by Calorie King's carb counts.
Wow, Breeze that is good! What did you have to eat? If I go to McDonalds its soo hard for me not to order a BigMac!

·
Registered
18 Posts
How often are you seeing your doctors, Jackie?
I am in contact with them once per week. They do not want to lower me to quickly as I have had very bad reactions to this in the past.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Jsntay, if I go to a fast food restaurant and want a burger, I take two slices of low carb bread with me (8 carbs per slice). I put them in a zip lock sandwich bag. I ask them to not give me a bun with my burger. I have them put all the sauce, tomato, etc on my bread. It ends up being about a 20 carb meal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I tested my sugar right before lunch and I was at 15.3. I had 2 pieces of ham, some frozen vegetables, and an apple. My 2 hour post lunch was 11.2. This is what I mean by my doctors do not think it is food related to my high rises. Usually my sugar is high prior to my meals and does not raise out of control after meals. I have 1 more day on the 12 units in the morning, then another 1 unit increase.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
134 after lunch

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
After Lunch

Bad day, I was 143 (7.9) after lunch today. That happens about once every 10 days.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts