The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea whats going on but I'm feeling like crap right now.

yesterday morning I woke up at 53 and later in the day was at 64 68 and 59

today I wake up at 168 and have a 130 carbs breakfast. I have a 1 rapid insulin unit per 10 carbs ratio. So I inject 14 and 1hour later I'm at

30mins later im at 66? WTF

so I drink juice about 250MLS with is 30 carbs.

check again 30mins later I'm at 58?

obviously god wants me to die.

so I drink more juice, about half the bottle (1L) and check again 30mins later and I'm at 66

HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA slit wrist????

so now the juice bottle is almost finished, trying to survive here????? 200 carbs WTF IS GOING ON DSFLKJSDFDHSGJLSdghsdlfjk

NO PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, WENT TO BED NORMAL WITHOUT DRINKING OR TAKING ANYTHING AND ALSO REDUCED MY LANTUS BY 2 UNITS BECAUSE IDK WTF IS GOING ON YO

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Call your doctor is a good advice!
I used to have it like you describe. There were no logic at all in how my BG danced to high and way to low several times a day, and my head hurt thanks to all the rollercoasting of my BG.
I didn`t want to have it like that, so I changed the way I eat.
I now never eat more than 10 carbs for a meal, which means I dont need much insulin, which makes my BG much, much steadier.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
As a type 2, I don't have any direct experience of the things you mentioned. However, there is a concept known as the "law of small numbers".

Up to a point, insulin can "cover" the carbs you eat. BTW, I can't even imagine a breakfast of 130g of carbs. Mine is 5g or less. 130g is what I eat in 3 - 4 days.

Anyway, if you eat several hundred grams of carbs per day you could theoretically inject enough insulin (timed just right) to maintain normal and stable BG number.

On the other hand, if you eat say a total of 25g spread out over the whole day, you will 1) need much less insulin and 2) have more stable BG which is easier to control.

You can think of it as the challenge of staying on the road at 300 mph vs. staying on the same road at 30 mph. Both are possible, but the first would be much more difficult and more likely to result in an accident. Now that I think of it, pretty much grams-of-carbs = miles-per-hour is a realistic illustration of the concept.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Compared to the hypos I've had, mostly years ago, those are just very mild. It would have been worse if you hadn't caught it in time of course.

I liked smorgan's post above. it sounds good to me.

And try to be a bit more conservative on your insulin dose until you get that sorted out better. There are a lot of things that can affect how many carbs a unit can cover. How much exercise you did the day before will sometimes make it more efficient.

The time of day. You might have calculated your units - carbs ratio from a morning injection. In the afternoon for me, insulin is much more efficient.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have no idea whats going on but I'm feeling like crap right now.

yesterday morning I woke up at 53 and later in the day was at 64 68 and 59

today I wake up at 168 and have a 130 carbs breakfast. I have a 1 rapid insulin unit per 10 carbs ratio. So I inject 14 and 1hour later I'm at

30mins later im at 66? WTF

so I drink juice about 250MLS with is 30 carbs.

check again 30mins later I'm at 58?

obviously god wants me to die.

so I drink more juice, about half the bottle (1L) and check again 30mins later and I'm at 66

HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA slit wrist????

so now the juice bottle is almost finished, trying to survive here????? 200 carbs WTF IS GOING ON DSFLKJSDFDHSGJLSdghsdlfjk

NO PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, WENT TO BED NORMAL WITHOUT DRINKING OR TAKING ANYTHING AND ALSO REDUCED MY LANTUS BY 2 UNITS BECAUSE IDK WTF IS GOING ON YO
See your Doctor because clearly your insulin doses are in serious need of adjustment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts