The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wanted to share. My a1c after 9 months of diabetes living was now at 5.2. Woot woot. I was not sure what to expect at this time. 2 500mg metformin with 2x cinnamon pills a day with of course a low carb diet.

So I would like to thank all of you in this forum for all the info and support :).

My doc mentioned that now is the time to test by dropping 1 or 2 of my met and see if all is still good and keep doing what I am doing because he is amazed and truly acknowledging my work, my diet and my persistence with handling this disease.

A1C
Jan 2011 - 14
April 2011 - 5.9
Oct 2011. - 5.2

Mars

Sent from my iPod touch using Diabetes

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Hey everyone, just wanted to share. My a1c after 9 months of diabetes living was now at 5.2. Woot woot. I was not sure what to expect at this time. 2 500mg metformin with 2x cinnamon pills a day with of course a low carb diet.

Congratulations on the great numbers! That is very inspiring!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Mars! That is fantastic! Woot!

You're an inspiration. I wanna join the 5.2 club, and try dropping a met or 2 also. Now I have a new goal ...

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
You are really on a roll! Great work, Mars! Did you think you'd drop this much farther after the 5.9 in April?

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
congrats !

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congrats on the New score!! I was tested 11.7 and looking forward to drop in 2 months time!! Again Keep up the Great effort !!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Fabulous - what a result for all your hard work. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts