The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, ROLL TIDE ROLL! We play for the national championship tonight! Can't wait! On the other hand, I have been quiet because I am trying to figure out this blood sugar thing. I can pinpoint when my new fasting numbers and body started being stuck in the 90's, which I know isn't that bad, but we all know I have anxiety and want to keep my numbers down because I am terrified of leaving my two little children motherless(run on sentence anybody???). I started taking Lexapro instead of Zoloft (andit depressants supposed to help with anxiety)on December 1st and that is when I quit catching numbers in the 80's. I wonder if I should continue to let my body adjust to the new medicine of go back to the zoloft? The Lexapro works much better on my OCD. And I know I need to start exercising. Will it really make that much difference? My average on my meter for the last 30 days is 99 so I realize I am not having much movement in my blood sugar but still. Thanks for reading and listening.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I think being stuck in the 90's is great. The more important thing is good exercise for both health mind and body something I need to do more of.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think being stuck in the 90's is great. The more important thing is good exercise for both health mind and body something I need to do more of.
I know exercising will help all kinds of stuff. Have no idea why I am scared to do it.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Your numbers are very normal and I think you are definitely overthinking this. One thing we find out as Type 2 diabetics is our carb metabolism is not normal. We have signaling problems, insulin insufficiency and metabolism problems. So sometimes even if you do everything right you don't get the numbers you want. So you settle for close enough. I rarely go in the 80's, once in a blue moon and I eat very low carb, exercise 1-2 hours a day and take metformin. My fastings will vary from high 80's - 120 or thereabouts. If I freaked out everytime I had a bg above 100, I would be freaking out a lot. Diabetes is very manageable and as long as you manage it you won't have to leave your children motherless. I feel so much healthier as a diabetic and plan to live to 90 or later.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think that most people with OCD go through these mental tribulations all of the time. It is what OCD does to one. I have a son who was diagnosed with OCD when he was 12. It is treatable. He's now 30.

There is a classic movie with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt (as "Good as it Gets") that gives people an idea what OCD is, to a somewhat extreme extent. I think all of us have it to some degree.

Personally, I would be very happy to have my numbers be sub-100 all of the time.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Tbh, exercise makes as much difference to my numbers as the medication. It is an essential part of my management. I wish it were not so, particularly on the work day evenings but it is. Bah.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
First of all, ROLL TIDE ROLL! We play for the national championship tonight! Can't wait! On the other hand, I have been quiet because I am trying to figure out this blood sugar thing. I can pinpoint when my new fasting numbers and body started being stuck in the 90's, which I know isn't that bad, but we all know I have anxiety and want to keep my numbers down because I am terrified of leaving my two little children motherless(run on sentence anybody???). I started taking Lexapro instead of Zoloft (andit depressants supposed to help with anxiety)on December 1st and that is when I quit catching numbers in the 80's. I wonder if I should continue to let my body adjust to the new medicine of go back to the zoloft? The Lexapro works much better on my OCD. And I know I need to start exercising. Will it really make that much difference? My average on my meter for the last 30 days is 99 so I realize I am not having much movement in my blood sugar but still. Thanks for reading and listening.
If the Lexapro is affecting your bg's right now, and they are 99 or so, I would live with it and stay on the Lexapro if it is helping with your issues. I've been on Zoloft for the past 7 years and because it helps me to be sane, I stay with it. If it affects my bg's, oh well. My bg's have been so unstable lately I get so disgusted. I am trying to deal with the anxiety that comes with perimenopause/menopause, the stress of daily life (home/work) and watching everything that I stick in my mouth. Along with making sure to get to the gym for exercise and just everything...I'm in a bit of a funk today. Woke with an extremely high fbg for no reason and I'm getting to the point of wondering if the insulin is starting to not do as good as it was. Which of course means more insulin and more weight gain. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place...this is the story of my life sometimes. This is what happened in the past. Where do I go from here?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the Lexapro is affecting your bg's right now, and they are 99 or so, I would live with it and stay on the Lexapro if it is helping with your issues. I've been on Zoloft for the past 7 years and because it helps me to be sane, I stay with it. If it affects my bg's, oh well. My bg's have been so unstable lately I get so disgusted. I am trying to deal with the anxiety that comes with perimenopause/menopause, the stress of daily life (home/work) and watching everything that I stick in my mouth. Along with making sure to get to the gym for exercise and just everything...I'm in a bit of a funk today. Woke with an extremely high fbg for no reason and I'm getting to the point of wondering if the insulin is starting to not do as good as it was. Which of course means more insulin and more weight gain. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place...this is the story of my life sometimes. This is what happened in the past. Where do I go from here?
I understand the funk! But this thread has made me feel better. Hope you feel better!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts