The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
664 Posts
Hi Everyone
A few days ago I started feeling sick, coming down with the flu or whatever, in any case I have been told that being sick plays havoc with the sugar levels. How much havoc does it play?
Quite a bit Dalan, If you feel like there is no energy in you and also feel just blah!!! then you're high without a doubt. :(
I had the highest ever blood level of 501, usually I am in the normal range between 90and 120. Because it was so high I rechecked almost immediately and it had dropped to 304. Is there a problem with the meter, or does a drop so rapid - without insulin intervention - sound logical?
There are times that BG's go high as I would question how clean your hands are would be the first thing and if you in doubt buy all means try again. ;)
And now for the um, embarassing qu: is impotence a common side effect of diabetes, and if yes, what can be done about it other than using the various extremely expensive prescription medications?
I think that Richard has answerd that one. Nice one Rich!! :D

1- HOT SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
(95 calories per serving)
Makes 24 servings
You will need 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 cup low fat mayonnaise, 1 can artichoke hearts (drained and chopped), 1 package chopped spinach, thawed and drained, 2 tablespoons tomato puree, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients except tomato. Spoon into 9-inch plate or quiche dish. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve topped with tomato puree.
Aww Geez :D, That's awsome!! Buy chance, Are you a chef buy trade? :rolleyes:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.