The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since being dagnosed T2 i have been working on everything getting my BG down, my weight, lower my BP. you know all the good stuff that we need to do.
My wife has been giving me a hard time that i have been wearing old man saggy butt pants. and it was time for me to make a change. im a guy and i really dont care that much about my cloths, so it hasnt bothered me. infact i have been happy that i need the use of my belt more and more.
so this morning i get on the scale. i reached a new record low for me. I have now lost 19 pounds which was exciting. that means i am 1/5 of the way to my goal of weight loss. and i dug into my closet and pulled out some old jeans that i have kept around. yes i dropped a pant size too. this made my wife happy that i no longer have the saggy butt look going on.

Reactions: wdmama

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Aw - congrats. You deserve to be feeling mighty fine :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
well i am an old man (69) that gave up trying to impress the girls long ago so i still wear my roomy 44's even though my 38's are loose. my last measurement was 36 and with gut sucked in, 34. i find that with loose jeans i have less problems with fungus or worse infections in my groin area. in my prime my waist was 32 inches so i an still far from skinny. :D

being alone and retired i am usually at home and in my underwear so i don't spend a lot of money on new clothes.

ColaJim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Old?

well i am an old man (69) that gave up trying to impress the girls long ago so i still wear my roomy 44's even though my 38's are loose. my last measurement was 36 and with gut sucked in, 34. i find that with loose jeans i have less problems with fungus or worse infections in my groin area. in my prime my waist was 32 inches so i an still far from skinny. :D

being alone and retired i am usually at home and in my underwear so i don't spend a lot of money on new clothes.

ColaJim
Who says 69 is old? I'm only 10 years your junior and I'm not feeling anywhere near old as yet---well, except when I get a sore back for no reason:bump:.

Remember, with age comes wisdom-hahaha.

Gene

1 - 6 of 6 Posts