The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday at Walmart I discovered Watkins peanut butter extract. I wanted to mix it with cream cheese to make a peanut butter spread. Well, I only put in a tiny drop, and it sure didn't taste like peanut butter! Does anyone know of a good brand of pb extract that actually tastes like peanut butter, and not poison? (No offense meant to those of you who like Watkins pb extract.) :)

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Davinci sells all sorts of SF syrups. They have a Peanut Butter one on their site, but I have not used it. Is there a reason why you can't use a small amount of real, organic peanut butter in your recipes. Most peanut butter without additives is pretty low carb.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, jwags. Before I purchase, think I'll look for online reviews of Davinci pb syrup. I hear some of the syrups are great and some not so good. I don't really want pb for cooking, just for making a sandwich spread. I don't want to use the real thing because when my husband makes pb sandwiches, he spreads it on about half an inch thinck, and he also has diabetes.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a question about brown sugar, but don't want to start a new thread just for that, so maybe someone will happen by who can answer this for me.

I miss brown sugar. I looked at Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, but it has 2 carbs per 1/2 teaspoon, and when I use brown sugar, I don't want to have to limit it to a teaspoon or two. Is there a brown sugar substitute that tastes good and actually is low carb?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yesterday at Walmart I discovered Watkins peanut butter extract. I wanted to mix it with cream cheese to make a peanut butter spread. Well, I only put in a tiny drop, and it sure didn't taste like peanut butter! Does anyone know of a good brand of pb extract that actually tastes like peanut butter, and not poison? (No offense meant to those of you who like Watkins pb extract.) :)
Would you mind telling me how many carbs are in it? Also, is there any alcohol? I can't have anything with alcohol(even minute) because even though I was not a drinker they are afraid it will give me pancreatitis again.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ingredients are Propylene glycol, water, artificial and natural flavor and peanut oil. There is no nutritional info. on the box or the bottle, so I don't know how many carbs. I guess you want to try it because of the glowing review I gave it. :D I hope you can use it and that you like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts