The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Noodle, that is the longest introduction I have ever read, but I enjoyed reading it. You have a wonderful sense of humor and you are very articulate. (Did I spell that correctly???) After all that you have been through I think you should be called Superman. I have lived with diabetes for 63 years and I am very healthy. Maybe we are both supermen. Changing the way you live can enable you to live a long and healthy life, provided all those other other African maladies don't take over in the meantime. Do you know which kind of diabetes you have? Is it Type 1, or Type 2? Are you using insulin, or taking pills to control your blood sugar?

Since you have a glucometer , meter for short, to measure your blood sugar level I want you to do the following. Test your blood tomorrow morning when you wake up and before you eat any food. That is called your fasting level. If it is very high then you are probably Type 1. If you are Type 1 then you need insulin to live. It is still possible you are Type 2 and pills can help you control your blood sugar. For the time being, let's see what that fasting number is, then we will proceed at that point.

Richard

1 - 1 of 1 Posts