The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an fyi ...

My oldest son is entered in the Cisco Netriders 2011 competition and we just found out that he has now WON the provincial phase (#1 in the Province!) and is now in the U.S./Canada Theater Finale!

In this phase the top individual from each state/province are now competing for 4 grand-prize trips to Silicon Valley in January!

He phoned us from CLASS to let us know, roflmao! He's really excited to have made it this far.

Had to share the news :)

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Thats great Beefy. Turn around, let me pat you on the back. I know how you feel, my daughter has just passed the CPA exam, a long 3 yrs of studying and test taking.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Congrats beefy and son!!! Congrats MCS and daughter!!! Clearly they had stellar parenting. :D

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
You must be so proud of your son. You definitely gave him a great foundation. My parents who are in their 90's still brag about my brother who is almost 65. I think you have earned bragging rights.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Your getting close to softball or soccer for the girls and baseball soccer for the boys, not to much funner than sitting in a lawn chair watching your children having fun playing sports. I remember those days like yesterday. wait a minute what did I do yesterday, uh, oh, yea.

I have 3 kids in elementary school -- just want to get them safely to adulthood. So, CONGRATS, Beefy!

OOPS -- and YOU, Marty!!!

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just an fyi ...

My oldest son is entered in the Cisco Netriders 2011 competition and we just found out that he has now WON the provincial phase (#1 in the Province!) and is now in the U.S./Canada Theater Finale!

In this phase the top individual from each state/province are now competing for 4 grand-prize trips to Silicon Valley in January!

He phoned us from CLASS to let us know, roflmao! He's really excited to have made it this far.

Had to share the news :)
How proud you & your wife must feel, I remembeer how proud I was & am of my son when he made it into the Australian Softball team & played in the World Championship in Newfoundland, the 2 weeks we spent there making new & wonderful Canadian friends plus the Aussies winning the championship was superb & so many wonderful memories, I know what it took for my son & his team mates to reach their goals, now he is all grown up & in the Australian AIr Force & about to go for the 2nd time to Middle East & all I want to do is go with him & hold his hand, but we have to let them grow up & be independent, but it is so hard as parents to let them go & follow their dreams & destiny, God keep them all safe

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congrats beefy!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS, Beefy/son, Marty/daughter. :D :D :D Way to go!

And you nailed it, Catherine . . . we raise them to be independent & self sufficient, and then - doggone it! - they ARE! And they fly the coop! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts