Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

A Little Upset

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jwags 
#1 ·
Well, I got a letter from my insurance company saying they were not going to be covering my lantus anymore. I know it's not that big of a deal but it is working really well for me and it frustrates me that they keep messing with things they don't need to mess with. I'm sure there's a perfectly legitimate business reason they're doing this and I will get over it, it is just a little upsetting.

Reactions: anuradha.m
#5 ·
Well then tell them to give you the name and type of the generic....and is it a generic for Lantus? I don't believe Lantus has a generic yet....

Reactions: foxl
#7 ·
Novolog is a rapid insulin, similar to Humalog. Novolin N is long-acting. Those are the first choices my HMO offers; luckily, they work for me. I've heard less than rave reviews from others, especially for Novolin N, which is an NPH insulin that's effective for only about 12 hours and takes over an hour to come to a relatively short, sharp peak. (So I take it at 10-hour intervals, twice a day.)

There's also Novolin R, which is mid-range, speedwise. I keep some on hand for those rare occasions when I know what I'll be eating well ahead of time, and need something a bit longer-lasting. Social occasions, mostly.

Insurers suck. That's the politest way I can put it. I'm sorry they're changing things on you. It's beyond wrong.

Reactions: anuradha.m and foxl
#9 ·
Insurance companites stink. My company doesn't pay for any of my meds until I reach an unreachable deductible. Many companies only cover the older cheaper insulilns sold at Walmart. You might want to check out the prices at Canadaian pharmacies. Since we have to pay full price I find we save about 40-60% on brand name drugs. I kinow their insulin prices are lower than the US

Canada pharmacy, Canadian pharmacy, Canadian pharmacies, Canada drugs, Canadian drugs online

Reactions: anuradha.m and foxl
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.