The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was having a few problems. some blurry vision, feeling tired, problems with my feet a kind of burning feeling in them. My mom is diabetic so I asked her if I could test myself on her meter. My reading came out 189. Is that cause to be concerned? I went to my family doctor a few months ago and he said that all my blood work came out normal. But I havent been feeling right lately.

thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would definitely make an appointment with a doctor. Can I ask how old you are? Are you overweight? I had some vision problems, too, that I couldn't explain and I slept A LOT. I think you need to be retested by your doctor. Lots can change in a few months.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi Bonbon45,

welcome here! I hope you will go check your blood again. It's always better to know for sure. Especially if there's diabetes in your family.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ruby
I will be 54 in a few months. Im 5/6 and 172 lbs which I think im overweight by 20 lbs. I get tired also. I just started feeling. this way in the last few weeks . My mother is diabetic and so was my sister who passed away 10 years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts