The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As you probably are aware, Australia is going through devastating times right now. By the horrors of the many fires and floodings in another state. Hundreds have died already. May they Rest In Peace. Our hearts mourn for the Australians and their losses. They remain in our thoughts and prayers. Particularly for one of our strong and Special Friend and Moderators, Peter. God bless them all.

The Australian, News from Australia's National Newspaper

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thankyou Terrie, Just think that the size of England is on fire!! as that's the scale that we have. Also what makes it harder is the terrain as there are many places that is hard to get to. As there are many people who live in our city's there is quite a few who live in the greater part of Australia and remote! So when fire as big as a mile long its a bit hard to do that buy yourself. For an example a grass fire as the wind fans the flames as fast as you can run!! Extraordinary right? ;)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I hope you and your loved ones stay safe Peter.

Thanks Terrie for this thread. You are always so thoughtful.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hellloooo Peter: :)

We're sooo relieved that you are okay. Geez, I know what you mean. It certainly is a large area and parts Very difficult to get to. On the news they said it was 48 c when the fires started? That's Hot!! It is cooled down some, eh? And most of the fires are out? I also heard that one Aussie saved about 6 other Citizens. That's one courageous Man. Thank goodness for all the People who helped out.

Ya Richard, it's stuff like this or any People suffering in these catastrophies that breaks my heart, as it does with you, I'm sure.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yes Terrie, The temp is high and when it's that high and thunder strikes and that's how fires start, Also cigarette buts, Glass and the like.
In Melbourne we have had 46.4C / 115.52F that day and it didn't take long and hear stories of bushfire Overnight it didn't get below 30C or 85F I think. Very uncomfortable.
:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts