The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi its me again with another question. The clinic gave me 2 lantus solostar pens but the only had a handful of the pen needles. They are bd 4 mm mini. Can I use a different size? They are 35 at walmart.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I also use the 8mm but am switching to the 4mm mins so I only need 1 size for both my novolog and lantus
these 4mm size are nice . well i mean if you have to stick yourself with a needle upteen times a day they are. ;)
they are so thin & fine,& short, they will bend a little 'after' you have used it.
sometimes with the bigger ones, 5mm, I could reuse it now & then. when I had to inject twice. I notice this little babies slightly bent. so I toss them.

·
Banned
158 Posts
Hi its me again with another question. The clinic gave me 2 lantus solostar pens but the only had a handful of the pen needles. They are bd 4 mm mini. Can I use a different size? They are 35 at walmart.
Yes, you can use a different size. I use the 8mm for both my Lantus and my Novalog with no problem.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The first time I injected myself with the Solostar and 4mm Nano....I thought that it didn't work. I felt nothing. Great invention

Reactions: Carolina
1 - 11 of 11 Posts