The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi its me again with another question. The clinic gave me 2 lantus solostar pens but the only had a handful of the pen needles. They are bd 4 mm mini. Can I use a different size? They are 35 at walmart.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Yes, I use 13 MM you can use any needle that fits. Just make sure you inject into fat and not so deep you hit muscle.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I just got the new Nano 4mm.I like them. you don't have to pinch up & so fine you barely feel it & most of the time I don't. I had the 5mm before.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I also use the 8mm but am switching to the 4mm mins so I only need 1 size for both my novolog and lantus
these 4mm size are nice . well i mean if you have to stick yourself with a needle upteen times a day they are. ;)
they are so thin & fine,& short, they will bend a little 'after' you have used it.
sometimes with the bigger ones, 5mm, I could reuse it now & then. when I had to inject twice. I notice this little babies slightly bent. so I toss them.

·
Banned
158 Posts
Hi its me again with another question. The clinic gave me 2 lantus solostar pens but the only had a handful of the pen needles. They are bd 4 mm mini. Can I use a different size? They are 35 at walmart.
Yes, you can use a different size. I use the 8mm for both my Lantus and my Novalog with no problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
just started on the pen, recieved 6mm from the doc and 4mm from the pharm, gotta love the 4mm (hate needles, it just aint right to stick yrslef with sharp objects...lol)

·
Registered
370 Posts
The first time I injected myself with the Solostar and 4mm Nano....I thought that it didn't work. I felt nothing. Great invention

Reactions: Carolina
1 - 11 of 11 Posts