The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm T2, 53 yr old male in good control of my diabetes.

I've joined this forum today as some of my friends from another forum have all joined here. Some of their inputs/comments are too valuable to be missed, hence my entry here.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to DF, skb. Tell us a little more about yourself and your management of diabetes.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hey skb,
Welcome to the forum. I am from India as well. Which part of the country are you from ?

Congrats on your good control. How are managing your diabetes ? Tell us more about yourself

Tony

·
Registered
709 Posts
Welcome Skb to the forum looking forward to hearing more about you.

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes

G

·
Welcome, skb. Like the others, I'm keen to hear how you are managing your diabetes. I'm newly-diagnosed and always interested in learning more tips for controlling my diabetes.

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for your welcome.

jwags - you know me as shyam on the other forum. It's good to see many familiar names here. I basically came looking for Salim.

tony - i'm located in mumbai.

my diabetes is controlled by exercise & diet (lc/hf) alone. no medications for over 6 months now. A1c 5.9 +/- 0.2 and BG between 85-130. Lost 28 lbs in the last one year. Except Vit D insufficiency, all other readings within range.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone my nane my name is Dave i have type 2 diabetes .I live outside the Milwaukee Wi area .I have been living with diabetes for a little over 4 years now .I use a a insulin pump as my preferred treatment option which has kept my a1c under 7 for the last 2 years .What a God send to have this so thats a little about my self .

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
skb said:
Thank you everyone for your welcome.

jwags - you know me as shyam on the other forum. It's good to see many familiar names here. I basically came looking for Salim.

tony - i'm located in mumbai.

my diabetes is controlled by exercise & diet (lc/hf) alone. no medications for over 6 months now. A1c 5.9 +/- 0.2 and BG between 85-130. Lost 28 lbs in the last one year. Except Vit D insufficiency, all other readings within range.
Thats great control skb. How long have you had diabetes ? What is your diet composed of ? It would be great to learn....

I am in new delhi btw

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Yes, many of us frequent several D forums. I love Salim's post's they are so informative. You will find lots of support for your LC/HF diet here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.