The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uhhhh, ok...........I have a non-diabetes, holiday related question.

Does anybody remember those plastic blow up snowmen from "back when"? You know, YOU had to blow it up with your own breath, or use a bike pump?

We are decorating at work and doing a snowman theme, but they aren't giving me much money to do it. I thought I might get an old fashioned 5 foot blowup snowman, but I can't find one anywhere.

I've looked online, and all I find are those ones that have the electric fans in the bottom of them. We aren't allowed to use anything electrical. I thought I might just get one of those wire frame snow men that lights up via battery packs, but they are very expensive.

So, I remembered the plastic blowup characters from when I was little, but I don't seem to find any.

Do they even make those anymore?

:plain:

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
I doubt that they are still made. Low tech stuff isn't profitable enough.

(When I was very little - 6 yrs or so - we had blow up bunny balloons, about 3ft. tall or so. The tied open end of the balloon was set into a slit of a cardboard shaped like bunny feet so they stood up. They were cool. Us kids used them as punching bags!!LOL)

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love those balloon snowmen, but some jerk at work would pop them. Plus, I think two of those would eat up the whole budget.

Those are awesome though!

·
Super Moderator
1,884 Posts
Try ebay. I searched for vintage inflatable snowman and came up with the kind of inflatables you're looking for. Looks like $20 gets you (one of) what you want.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try ebay. I searched for vintage inflatable snowman and came up with the kind of inflatables you're looking for. Looks like $20 gets you (one of) what you want.
I looked on ebay, and the only vintage inflatable I found was a small tabletop one.

Thats ok, thanks.

I saw online that someone made a snowman out of boxes, so I'm going that route.

·
Super Moderator
9,656 Posts
A beatnik would think that was square. LOL

Reactions: etherea and VeeJay

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I didn't make the snowmen out of boxes. Lowes had those fan blown yard snowmen for $15, so I got one of those and just stuffed it with paper. It looks pretty good though.

·
Super Moderator
9,656 Posts
Still very nice!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's one thing I loved when I was little........still do, to tell the truth....

Wish I still had one.

I don't know why, but I love this thing.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Okay.........not that I really care, because I hate the company I work for with a passion.......but this is how corrupt they are........

They wanted all departments to decorate for C'mas and have a decoration contest.
Since some people in my department had a harsh year, I thought I would volunteer my services to do all the decorating work if everybody wanted to pitch in some money in for decor.

And we also wanted the prize, which was a pizza party, for best Christmas decoration.

So I have labeled my photos:
Dept. 1 (1 photo)
Dept. 2 (1 photo)
Dept. 3 (1 photo)
Dept. 4 (3 photos)
Dept. 5 (1 photo)
and My Dept. (4 photos)

**if you click on the photo, it will bring it up on a new window and it will tell you at the bottom of the pic which dept it is***

Which departments decorations would you choose to win?

To show you how corrupt the company is I work for.........
Dept. 4 won!!!!
They didn't even decorate their tree!!!

On the plus side, somebody decided before the "judging" that the pizza party was going to be axed, in favor of one week of "jeans days"........which is pure hypocrisy, seeing as most people wear jeans every day, even when they aren't supposed to.

So they really didn't win anything. Serves them right!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,884 Posts
Yeah, doesn't look to me like Dept. 4 really gave it much of a run. :vs_OMG: Dept. 1 didn't look bad to me. But your department seemed to go all out.

Maybe it's just as well that you didn't win ... "jeans week". What a comedown....

·
Super Moderator
9,656 Posts
Based on the pics, if I had a vote, I would give your dept. the blue ribbon and a pizza.

Maybe the unspent money allotted to Dept 4 was left on (or maybe under) the table in lieu of milk and cookies for Santa (or the judge).

Reactions: Chaidragonfire
1 - 20 of 28 Posts