The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi : ) Came here looking for info on shoes/socks and found so much more! Have enjoyed reading the entries here. I've had my diabetes under control w/diet/exercise for about 10 years. A1C tests have been close to 6, with the past year steady at 6. Even so, at 64, beginning to develop other health issues of which diabetes can be a serious complication. These symptoms keep me forever conscious of the need to exercise as best I can and eat as healthy as I can afford to. I've had to cut out all grains due to digestive issues; hoping that will aid in keeping the diabetes under control going forward. Finding it harder to exercise as I once could. Looking for a small indoor exerciser that is kind to the knees for days I just can't get out. All for now.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome, BC - looks like you'll fit right in here. I'm sure the absence of grain from your diet will be very helpful for your diabetes - I've eliminated it from mine too. And yeah, seems like if it isn't one thing for us "seniors", it's something else. ;)
I've taken to quoting Roseanne Roseannadanna: "It's always SOMETHING!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I will be 61 next week and have limited my exercise somewhat due to bad knees, too. I have also given up most grains just because they tend to spike me pretty high. This is a great support group. We try to help each other as much as we can. Glad you found us.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Came here looking for info on shoes/socks and found so much more!
Speaking of shoes, I wonder if you know about Dearfoams. House slippers that have super soft insoles. I'm 67 and my dogs kill me if the insoles aren't cushiony.

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts