The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warner's Safe Diabetes Cure, 1880-1920.

Although an obvious spammer from the past, Warner gave a good diet for diabetics on the label. (See second picture)

Here is a link to some history on Warner's "cures", along with some more pictures.

Safe Diabetes Cure Warner's Safe Cure Blog

Reactions: gkoller

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shanny, don't forget the most important ingredient, SNAKE OIL. LOL!

·
Banned
36 Posts
Here's a serious herbal clue that might help somebody, seriously, I believe:

BITTERS! (like can be made from those Dandelion leaves we poison and throw away)

Bitters according to highly respected (my personal favorite guru, and many time author, and teacher....) David Hoffman says this about bitters:

can have a 'dramatic' positive effect for some folks to assist digestion.

I can just sooo see me taking out a old fashion cork bottle (I have a few a few!) and taking this at some fancy smancy dinner... and watch folks :) ....

(and sorry, couldn't find the full quote. am short on time - it was more promising that my paraphrase-ization here as I recall.)

Great photos - now I now I can include them - wow - I have might have some charts to show off on another thread. Real-time folks. This is super!

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
This is a diet which evolved empirically over 100 years ago. Funny, but it looks pretty much like the one I'm following today. Now I accept that medicine has in general advanced over the last 100 years and the introduction of insulin in the 1920s certainly represented a major improvement in our ability to manage diabetes but...

• This diet worked?
  • If so, why has it been discarded in favour of the current high carbohydrate concept?
  • What was wrong with it?
  • What damage did it cause?
  • What essential nutrients were missing?
  • Why cannot I find a meaningful explanation or even discussion of why it was discarded?
All these questions and many more are explained.... WHERE?

:( Disgruntled in France!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts