The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep track of my bs readings and my insulin use on a spiral notebook. I then enter the data into my diabetes software "Diabetes Pilot". This software will run about 15 different types of reports, each shows some different ways to look at your bs readings. My readings from my meter show a different average (higher) than my last A1C which was 4.4 which is too low. I don't know what to make of this. If anyone has any ideas, please share them with me since I am truly confused. I think I have above average intelligence but I am stumped. I have yet to run across any type of meter software that is compatible with Windows 7 operating system and will work properly. Even the new Bayer USB meter is not compatible with Windows 7 and I have read a number of reviews and most indicate problems.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Readings from my Free Style meter are almost always lower than my A1c. I don't let that bother me.

Your meter only gives you your BG at the particular moment you test. Your A1c is like a continuous averaging of a whole 3 month period. It is not a collection of particular moments like your meter readings are. The A1c is therefore a much better indication of your BG for that period of time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.