Registered
709 Posts
Thats great news well done :)

Reactions: Dodie37737

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, I enjoy sharing with people who understand and go through the same thing! Nobody I'm close with understands any of these numbers so they dont know how to be supportive:)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You must have worked very hard to have such a great A1C. Main thing is that you feel better. Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
awesome Larry!!!!!!! not much feels better than that

Reactions: Dodie37737

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can't stress enough the importance of having a great doctor! She monitors me very close and helped me alot to keep my numbers in tight control! I read about alot of people on here who would do so much better with the right doctor! I'm very fortunate :)

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Well sure, Larry, but you see your doc for what - 30 minutes? The rest of the time it's up to you. You did the bloody work; you get the dang credit.

So there!

Reactions: Patdart and Shanny

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, I know, but she's been very supportive, but all the testing and research and exercise, all me! Thanks

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
A1c in April 12.5 July 5.8 today at doc 5.2 off insulin last month and metformin cut in half today :)
Way to go Larry66! So happy for you! :rockon::clap2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::dance::dance::dance::happy:

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: daisy

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Congrats Larry! i'm hoping for similar results when I see my doc on the 11th. He's reasonably supportive of my efforts (meaning he doesn't tell me to do other than that Im doing) but he doesn't want to take me off statins (we are going to have a very nice long talk about that on the 11th). Here's hoping your trend continues!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi, I hope you have great results as well! I actually talked to my doc a while yesterday about the statin drug im on too! My cholesterol is way low, ldl is 52! So I wanted off the Med but she said I need to stay on it because of the anti-inflamitory effect it has on my heart, being diabetic thats important! So I guess I can live with those reasons! She did lower the dose so it's better than nothing :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well done Larry!! Congrats! I am looking forward to do mine in 2 months time..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.