The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I posted few things lately, and had great answers, I'm now on new background insulin Abasaglar, and Fiasp , I started on Abasaglar last night told to take morning and night, well blood sugars higher, didn't seem to do much over night, sugars rising, and sugars going up all day so corrections ongoing, I took my first dose of Fiasp lunch time, my question is does it take a few days for Abasaglar to work?I'm on it now as levemir didn't last which I previously posted, so consultant changed it all, so was hoping for good things, I do think it strange he told me to take Abasaglar as split dose, hope I can get some positive things that it will work, and the Fiasp, as novorapid was taking ages to work, how long before Abasaglar starts to work? Thanks lovely people in advance :)

·
Super Moderator
9,724 Posts
Have you talked with your doctor about figuring out your insulin dosing? Perhaps he can recommend a diabetes educator that can work with you. I'd go with one, even if they only taught sliding scale to get your BG under control and then look for one that taught insulin/carb ratio and correction factor control.

Reactions: net

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you talked with your doctor about figuring out your insulin dosing? Perhaps he can recommend a diabetes educator that can work with you. I'd go with one, even if they only taught sliding scale to get your BG under control and then look for one that taught insulin/carb ratio and correction factor control.
Hi spoke to consultant today, said to stick to the 10 & 10units , then upload data from libre Monday, and email nurses if I want to, so I think I'm left to my own devices, ive problems with basal insulin for months not getting it right was on tresiba for short while, which made me quite unwell, then back to split doses of levemir which didn't work before as was going low in early hrs, then high on waking for last couple months, which is still on going its worse once I get up and moving, then I chase high sugars most of the day, really hoping this works out, thanks for reply.

·
Super Moderator
1,940 Posts
net, if you've explained your concerns to the consultant as clearly as you have here, then after they've seen the Libre data they should be able to give you an idea of when things will even out for you or to tell you how to address the insulin not seeming to last long enough.

One question I don't think we've asked yet is when and what you eat in the evenings. Some folks here have posted about how eating a little protein snack before bed (or not doing that; we're all different) makes a difference in their morning BG readings. Do you have a routine for nighttime snacks?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi diabetic nurse rang today now on 12 & 12 Abasaglar , told her I go high in morning as I wake and worst when get up, she said that's normal, but I've never had its so bad as this, foot to floor, I just think it was basal running out, I do eat a small snack at night if I think I'm a bit to low to sleep, but its opposite lately as higher, let's see how it goes tonight, thanks for reply

1 - 5 of 5 Posts