The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all,

I am hoping to get some advice. I have a insulin pump and the infusion sets I wear around my abdomen. I have just joined a gym again after time out because of my diabetes but I am nervous about doing abdo exercises worried the canula will kink and then cause me to go high!

Has anyone found this or has it been fine? Any information and advance is welcome!

Take care

Emmie x :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Good evening all,

I am hoping to get some advice. I have a insulin pump and the infusion sets I wear around my abdomen. I have just joined a gym again after time out because of my diabetes but I am nervous about doing abdo exercises worried the canula will kink and then cause me to go high!

Has anyone found this or has it been fine? Any information and advance is welcome!

Take care

Emmie x :)
Well, I wont say it cant happen, because anything can happen, but I will say it hasnt happened to me yet. I have never had any problem with my pump at the gym.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh lovely thank u I am going to try and site it more round the back of my hips but I am a bit of a worrier about it! It is great being able to reduce ur pump while exercising. Even though blood testing every 15 mins is annoying!

X

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I usually set a temp lower basal rate for a couple of hours after I finish. That works for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.