The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new on this website/forum but not new to diabetes. I have been diabetic since 2002/2003, always treated with oral medications. I recently got married (10/23/10) and my husband and I are ready to start a family (he is 36 and I will be 31). I have just been changed over to Lantus with the hopes of getting my HA1C back within range for pregnancy and then changing to short acting insulin with the prenancy. I am open to any ideas/suggestions to help get me back on track. I am watching my carb intake/diet but I don't exercise much and I know that is one of keys to lower BS and HA1C levels. So if you have ideas, please feel free to send them my way and I hope to able to help anyone with any suggestions that I may have. It was nice meeting everyone and I hope you learned a little about me

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi, Jennifer. I don't know what kind of ideas and suggestions you are looking for. Sounds like you already know you need to eat low carb. If we know what your bg and A1c's have been running, we would probably know better how to help you. Welcome aboard, glad you decided to join us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My last HA1C was 8. I am looking for any ideas on how to bring it down again (I was @ one time almost all of my meds) and if any one has had experience with type II and trying to have a baby--ways to get to your target bs, a good diet plan to he'll w/ spikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts