The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I'll just jump right in here with both feet.

Last night, I was baking fish - and you know, fish puts off a lot of juice, plus it had butter in the juices - well when I took the sheet out of the oven - the pan twisted a bit and I ended up pouring most of the juice on my foot. I had on sandals, with socks (I absolutely cannot go barefooted due to my neuropathy)

Anyway - my son just got done with a big first aid class and he acted fast - he got my foot washed off and ice on it immediately. When I went to bed, it was just a bit red but not painful - but then again - I can't feel my foot up to my ankles anymore.

Today - I was afraid to look so I just kept my socks on until my husband bugged me about checking it. I was scared.

Sure enough - I have blisters all over the big toe and top of my foot.

I have no idea what to do now other than to not pop the blisters and to keep them covered with band-aids and my socks/slippers as usual. Do you think this warrants a Doctors visit? Should I be putting anything on them? I've read various things that you're not supposed to use triple antibiotic creams anymore... is there any validity to this?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Awww! You poor Dear! I don't blame you for being scared. I agree with Ruby. You should see your Dr. about your burn immediately, especially since you have Neuropathy. It could be a deeper burn than you think, since you can't feel it.

I wouldn't put anything on a burn without my Dr.'s okay. It could do more harm than good.

Good for you for not walking ariound bare-feet. Too many accidents can happen. I feel it's too risky. Actually, I just knocked over and broke a glass last week. Splinters everywhere. Thankfully I was wearing runners and was able to walk over the glass. Otherwise, I would have had to stand there for hours until someone came home since there was nothing nearby to help me out. Please tell us how it goes. I do hope that you have a Good recovery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts