The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed lately that I am breaking out around my chin and lower mouth area. Has anyone ever had this happen? I am wondering if it is a side effect of lowering bg's, using coconut oil, or something else. I have not changed any of my hygiene products, and I typically have never had problems with a lot of pimples or acne throughout my life (occasional zit here and there, but nothing like this).
Curious if anyone else has experienced. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have to say my skin has improved so much since lowering my bgs and using Coconut Oil. You might want to check it out with a dermatologist. Most of the wrinkles on my face have now disappeared with my new LC diet, so I think my body likes it.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am already taking a daily probiotic, so I don't think adding anything more will help. It just seems curious to me that it is all of a sudden that almost daily I am getting more and more in the same area. I just wondered if it was something I was eating. I just thought about something. I am allergic to chocolate in large quantities, and I have been eating cocoa powder and sugar free chocolate pudding...I wonder if it is a reaction? I'll have to not have that for a while and see if this clears up. I usually get like little broken blood vessels (almost like gin blossoms) on my face from too much chocolate, but perhaps with age that has changed. Well, thanks for the input anyway!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Cut out the cocoa for awhile and see if it gets better. How much CO are you eating most days. I can't believe it would make acne worse. My daughter has psoraisis and I told her to try CO on her skin and it helped.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestion jwags...I did look up the CO and I'm going to try putting it on my breakout tonight before bed. I am also going to try using it in my beverage or something. I do cook with it whenever oil is required, but other than that, I don't eat it all the time. I see alot of people (you included) use 3T daily. Do you just eat it off a spoon? Or do you incorporate it into something. The CO I have does not have any coconut taste or smell, and it is cold-expelled so hopefully I have the right kind. Let me know how you take. I don't know if I could handle eating it on a spoon...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Over the last 1-2 months, I've stopped steriods for my psoriasis and significantly increased the use of coconut oil on my skin and scalp for this skin condition.

I think my psoriasis has gone into remission (better sugar control ? maybe) but I have facial acne, especially on my my forehead. I think the cocunut oil on my already oily skin is leading to the acne.

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts